Bears Vs Packers SNF

Discussion in 'NFL Gameday' started by ollysj, Sep 7, 2009.

?

Who will win this game?

Poll closed Sep 14, 2009.
  1. Bears

30.0%
  2. Packers

70.0%
  1. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

Maybe not but combine Turners play calling and yes he/they are.:icon_twisted:

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Yea it will be a fun game...

3. The CO2

The CO2 Don't pray, just play!

Bears don't meet the Packers again, until late in the season, when half the players are going to be banged up. Hopefully we have a little better game, and hopefully it will be meaningful for both teams. :icon_cheesygrin:

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

That does make all the difference.

4. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

Hopefully Cutler will be out for the season by then.

5. Skeeve

Skeeve 1st Stringer

Haven't you guys got a few new olinemen, thats bound to slow your offence down till they get used to game speed.

It's a similar thing with our passing game, pre-season can only do so much and it also takes real games and its just a case of grinding out the results till things click or until you turn out to be the lions and its time to start planning for the draft again.

6. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

[talking crap]you mean, Packers playing for the #1 seed, Bears for the honor? :icon_cheesygrin: [/talking crap]

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

I think Bears/Packers/Vikings are playing at the same level, so ther eisn't much time to get used to game speed, bc the games we loose now, will hurt us later

7. Skeeve

Skeeve 1st Stringer

Don't get cocky, you might be 1-11 by the next time we play. :icon_cheesygrin:

In which case, you had best be happy you picked up the win today, it keeps you on pace with the Viqueens.

Anyway, its now 6am here, so its time to go get a few hours sleep before work. Goodnight all.

8. Wacko4Flacco

Wacko4Flacco Prima Ballerina

A pretty entertaining game , but both teams need a ton to improve on.

9. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Lovie says in the post game that none of the Bears played good (Ogun???) & that the packers played well. :icon_rolleyes:

Proof he's not just blind when it comes to the Bears but opponents as well. They both sucked...

10. Wacko4Flacco

The last TD pass by Rodgers you have to admit that was at least pretty good.

11. Tarkus

Actually no...

Just like that Hester TD, the Jennings TD was just blown coverage. If either Rodgers or Cutler missed those easy tosses, it would have been criminal.

12. Wacko4Flacco

I understand what you're saying.

13. The CO2

The CO2 Don't pray, just play!

No, I mean both of them playing to stay out of the cellar.:icon_rolleyes:

I hope not. We're really screwed, if that happens. I think Cutler just had a bad day. Give him a chance.

14. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

:icon_cheesygrin:wow culter is just no good. just no good. if i were him i would have just stayed home. 4 picks really?... franchise qb ... really? ... really? ................... surprise surpries pack wins.... yay

15. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

A little late but GG Packers. I was a bit too pissed off & drunk to post here last night....which is kind of weird because most of my posts come when I am pissed & drunk. :icon_eek::icon_twisted:

16. TheBear555

TheBear555 Starter

Week 1 Bears Vs Packers

Bears lose season opener to Packers
    Final Score: Bears 15 @ Packers 21

I must say I really didn’t want to write an opinion on this game. I was trying to understand what happen. Based on what I saw the Bears played horribly. Yet when you look at the stats we had more First downs, we had a greater time of possession. When you see those stats you would have to think we should have won the game. But you can't win a game when you have 4INTs. Well here is my take on each phase of the game.
    Offence: We are a run team as Lovie always stats “We get off the Bus Running†ok than what happen to the run game, during the first half we had only 9 running plays & 21 passing plays while the second half we had 17 running plays & 18 passing plays so the second half of the game when they run first they did better. So what does this mean it means Ron Turner & the offence need to stick with the formula that WORKS and is preached by the Head Coach, “We get off the Bus running.†4 INT thrown by Cutler and one of them was made by a linemen, Cutler brings back ugly memories of a Gross(man) QB that was once the main play caller for the Bears. Other than the obvious “Grossman†reference/joke I am not ready to run Cutler out of town, nor do I feel that we may have made a mistake in getting Cutler, and I definitely don’t think we need to have Haine as the starting QB. I can only hope that this was a combination of “having a bad gameâ€, “poor play callingâ€, & “poor timing with the QB & WRsâ€. I do feel that the O-line should also take some of the blame. The pass blocking was horrible I don’t feel that Cutler ever had enough time in the pocket to set-up & throw the Ball. Also the run blocking was pathetic there was really any running lanes for the RBs.
    Forte was Forte & did a great job running the ball when it was put into his hands.
    I also think we saw the Wolfe is not the answer as a back-up for Forte.
    The WR still need some work & there are some obvious timing & route running issues with the WRs & the QB. However I must give credit where credit is deserved. Bennet made some great catches & looked really good, Knox could be the surprise draft pick of the season, & Hester look really good. Olsen what happen to Olsen he has been billed as the next great TE of the NFL & the favorite target for our QB. Olsen needs to work on his pass catching he can’t afford to be dropping passes all the time.
    Defense: Well the D-line we getting some great pressure 4 sacks and a safety they looked really great putting pressure on the QB. I can only hope the increase there Sack counts because there where a few missed sack options that if we had gotten the sack it would have changed the game. The D in general needs to work on it tackling still and we have got to figure out a way to defend against the short-mid distance passes. Those pass plays are killing us. I also saw multiple time the D would hold on First down, hold on Second down, and then give up a pass play for the first down. The DBs looked good at times but they also allowed them selves to get beaten on a few key plays.
    Special Teams: Hester on punt returns was not great he needs to stop juking & jiving, or running left-to-right across the Field. What he needs to do is what he was doing in his first season just run strait at the defenders and makes them miss by using his elusive speed. I also think they would like to have that Fake punt back. Everybody agrees it was a bad idea but you gotta give Mannelly credit during the post game interview he took full blame for that fake punt. You have to respect a man that can say “It was my fault, I screwed-up†(not his actual words, but that is the message I got from what he said). I think Manning did a great job on the Kick-off returns & maybe he should be doing the Punt returns also, unless Hester reverts to the old Hester & taking the ball to the house.
    Injuries: Well as we all know by now Urachler is done for the season with a broken wrist. You would hope or think it would be possible for them to wrap his wrist in a cast so he could keep playing but I am not a Doctor nor do I play one on TV, I figure those that are (Doctors, trainers, etc) know what there are doing. Also Tinoisamoa hurt his knee & we have no idea how bad it is or for how long he will be out. Clark hurt his back I hope it is not serious because we can’t afford to lose one of our TEs. McBride has an injured knee but since we kept 6 DBs on the roster we should have enough depth to handle him being out for a couple games. If he ends up being out for longer, they may want use that roster spot to get more depth/help at other positions.

Free Agents: With Urachler out for the season the Bears be have signed Tim Shaw. I don’t know much about Shaw, I feel he has been added for depth reasons & not to be an actual starter. Additionally with the injury to Tinoisamoa we have no idea how long he is going to be out for. He was an injury risk player when we signed him & now here he is injured during game one. Should the reconsider the signing of a better back-up RB?

This was only game #1 there are still 16 games to go. If we win the rest of the games this season or we make the play-offs, or if we get to the Super Bowl at the end of the season how many of us will really care about the results of this game, hum? It was a disappoint start to the season but the season isn’t over yet.

As always the items I have mentioned here are just some of the items I have noticed during this game. I am sure I have missed a few items or even over stated some issues, and I look forward to reading your comments & observation of the Bears performance.
    GO BEARS.

17. WC Jerome

WC Jerome The poster formerly known as 'MK'!!

That loss left a bad taste in my mouth. I really thought they wre gonna win that one. And in the end, they still had a chance to do it. :banghead:

18. Tarkus

Neither did I. Gone are the days that I needed to 'write out' my frustrations like a good bloodletting. Now I just mix another drink & voila'...all better. :icon_cheesygrin:

But impressive stamina & nice post, 555. Welcome to the board...