Bench Alex Smith

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by BarlOwens, Sep 26, 2007.

1. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

Hostler (our OC) is probably our biggest problem at this point. I understand that you need to run an offense to the capbilities of your QB but this is ugly. Our play calling, play design and approach is astrocious and very, VERY predictible. For example,We ran some sort of reverse and it was done well. Problem is it was done too well...The defense reacted to Gore and aggressively flowed right following him....Smith rolled left where the defense had vacated and had some open field in front of him...and then for whatever reason pitched it back to a wr for a reverse wich was going right back to where Gore had brought the defense....duh, you just ran a reverse back to the heart of the defense...result- 12 yrd loss......pure freaking brilliance!

Besides all of that...every defensive player can predict what we are going to do...Not bc they're smart but bc we're just that predictable. being predictable isn't all that bad, really, it's the whole being predictable with basic plays that arent designed to net good yardage that bugs that crap out of me. Everything we do is between the tackles, very conservative,very basic....very designed for the success of the oppossing defense.

I would think that 4 games of the same thing (8-9 in the box) and less than 200yrds of offense would would be enough to show you that your plan is'nt working...but, hey...he makes the big bucks for a reason, right? Who am i to question?

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

i hear you man. we have the same complaints here to a point.

defenses know that no matter what the score is or how bad their rush defense is or knowing that they can sack our qb at any given time all they have to worry about is us passing the ball.

heckin' drives me nuts.

btw - i really wish your OC would wake up too - gore is my fantasy rb.

3. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

no crap...i have him in all my leagues and can't bring myself to bench him.

4. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

Another disgraceful showing..this is worse than 2004....Our defense and special teams are kickbutt....if our offense could have gotten 5 yards we might have won that game..but no..they settle for a 52 yard fg...heck nolan....the blame now falls back to you...5 weeks and he's done absolutely nothing to fix the problem....any coach whose offensive game plan is to get 10 points should not be a head coach..

5. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

Thinking we can actually score 10 points was the first sign of his ignorance....

6. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

sad thing is..we could have..if he had pulled his head out of his butt...

7. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

3 yers of waiting for that...i don't think its going to happen.

8. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

If Nolan actually regresses on his wins total this year what will York do?

Time to cut our losses on the whole Smith debacle...and hopefully we can get a decent O-line/QB setup next year...

9. steadypimpin

steadypimpin Still pimpin'

No crap. In 2004 at least we were a little competitive. This offense is the worst Ive ever seen. I have wanted to like Nolan but if he doesnt improve and we watch a crapty team for the rest of the year then I think we should fire him. I bet if Nolans fired the new coach will find a way to get Smith off the starting QB position.

I am almost ready to quit watching our games this year, its too depressing.

BTW, whats up with Sweets? Shes a Niners fan and she never posts about them.

10. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

she must have too many other duties....

11. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

there's 11 games to go man....somethings got to get better in that time right?...

I believe the defense/special teams alone are worth watching......

12. steadypimpin

That is true but it pisses me off so much to think that if we had a decent offense we would at least be 3-2 right now. Imagine if our offense was middle of the pack, we would be a playoff contender. We should have won the Ravens game if we had some offense in that game, not 8 passing yards at the half.

13. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

wasn't it ZERO passing yards at half?

14. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

I've heard people say that Trent either had 8 yards or 0 yards passing in the 1st half, either way the amount of passing yards he had was pretty pathetic.

15. steadypimpin

yes it was

16. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

The total yards for the niners as a team (minus sacks) was 0....and since yardage isn't taken off Dilfers stats when he gets sacked, the fact he managed only 8 yards is atrocious..

17. Fricker 4

Fricker 4 Crabtree fall to 10

but this is because dilfer is so great right??? Bleh i love the Alex Smith haters. At least alex could scramble and find the open holes to take off when pressured. Dilfer decides to run right into them when he is pressured.

18. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

catch up on the entire thread then post your response..otherwise you just repeat the same tired crap we've already heard over again..

fact is..none of our QB's are worth a crap...what scrambling? he had one good scramble against the Cards and thats it...