Bengals Fan Selling His Allegiance On Ebay

Discussion in 'NFL Smack Central' started by BigBlueBruiser, Jan 11, 2011.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

I don't think we are on opposite sides here D. I personally would never do it and don't recall saying I agree with the idea of it...but to each his own. If someone wants to jump ship b/c he disagrees with his team, that's their choice. If someone wants to root on another team b/c her favorite player went to a rival, that's their choice.

Like I said, I personally wouldn't do it myself...nor would I pay $500+ for someone to join the fan base.

2. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

I believe this is over, it looks like we got a brand new Bears fan at the winning bid of 510

btw I seen we have a lions, cowboys, New Jersey nets and another Bengal fan selling their allegiance

woa just noticed a man selling all allegiances the whole city or as he calls Cleveland a state XD lol

"UP 4 AUCTION IS MY ALLEGIANCE TO YOUR WHOLE STATE. I HAVE BEEN A CLEVELAND FAN MY WHOLE LIFE,I HAVE GONE TO THE GAMES, BOUGHT THE GEAR, AND SUPPORTED THEM 110%. I WOULD LIKE TO "WITNESS" A CHAMPIONSHIP SOMETIME IN MY LIFETIME, LEBRON LEFT US AND I FIGURED I WOULD LEAVE TOO SINCE I HAVE'NT SEEN ANY IMPROVEMENT IN THE PAST DECADE. I AM OFFICIALLY LETTING GO OF MY CLEVELAND JERSEYS, "WITNESS" SHIRTS, FLAGS,ETC,AND SETTING THEM ALL ON FIRE POSTING IT ALL ON FACEBOOK. ALL OF THE MONEY I RECIEVE ON THIS AUCTION WILL GO TOWARDS MY NEW TEAMS APPAREL, NFL, NBA, MLB, ETC,AND MY WHOLE FAMILY WILL FOLLOW IN MY NEW TEAMS FOOTSTEPS. FROM NOW ON I WILL BE COUNTING DOWN TO WHATEVER MY BIDDER CHOOSES FOR ME, AND SUPPORT ONLY THEIR FAVORITE TEAMS TO MY FULLEST. I HAVE INCLUDED A LEBRONS JERSEY SO U CAN JOIN ME IN THE BURNING OF MY CLEVELAND'S PAST ON FACEBOOK. I WILL COMMENT ON MULTIPLE WEBSITES, AND BLOGS ABOUT MY NEW TEAMS AND RECRUITE NEW FANS. I AM ABLE TO WATCH ALL GAMES ON TELEVISION, AS I OFTEN HOLD PARTIES FOR MOST GAMES. NOT ONLY ARE U BIDDING ON ONE TEAM BUT THE WHOLE STATE."

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Bengals-turned-Steelers fan responds

Last week former Cincinnati Bengals fan Brett Kostoff caused a tizzy in the AFC North blog after we updated his story on changing allegiances to the Pittsburgh Steelers. Fed up with the Bengals' losing ways, Kostoff sold his fandom on eBay for $510 and is now a card-carrying member of Steeler Nation.

Kostoff received a lot of criticism from our community. So, in fairness, we asked Kostoff if he wanted to respond to the heat he's received. Here was his message:

"For all the people who thought I CHOSE the Steelers, it was an AUCTION. The auction was open to all NFL teams and luckily a great organization had a fan that won the highest bid. The Carolina Panthers, Houston Texans, Washington Redskins, Denver Broncos, Buffalo Bills, Detroit Lions had just as much of a chance as the Steelers. People act like the only teams I listed was Steelers, Ravens, Patriots, Packers and Eagles as the teams I would like to be a fan of. The "bandwagon" fan is far from the truth, if that was the case I would have choose my new team on my own, not left it at the hands of the public. The bidding started at $19.95 and I had no clue if anyone would even look at the auction much less it get into the media. I guess people wanted me to not allow the Steelers to be in the bidding? If I was unhappy with how poorly an organization (Bengals) was being ran for 20 years, why would I leave a team off which has been a model for how an organization (Steelers) should be ran? That's not very smart. Bengals fans please realize Cincinnati is not a rival to Pittsburgh fans. The Ravens are the rival. Cincinnati's rival is Cleveland (comparable organizations).

"As far as never being a fan? I find it comical. Honestly, if you are/were a true fan for the past 20 seasons of the Bengals and haven't contemplated "What am I doing?" or "Why don't I just don't cheer for another team?" then you must not have been a true fan. I owned season tickets since Paul Brown Stadium opened in the first row of the stadium/ I guess all the "fair-weather" fans own those. I was still watching games in December between 1998-2002 when they had a combined 19-61 record. I was at games in December in 15 degree weather when they were finishing up those 4-12 seasons, while all these "so-called" true fans were at home. I cared so much, that when you feel like the owner doesn't care as much as you, something has to give. Cincinnati is full of fair-weather fans. The two playoff teams in 2005 and 2009 there was more Bengals fans all of sudden in Cincinnati then ever before. People screaming "I've always loved the Bengals." Right! Fool somebody else. I was at last season's game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers when Carson Palmer went over 25,000 passing yards for his career and the entire stadium booed a QB who is the only one to lead them to those two playoff games in the last 20 seasons. I'm not the "true fans" who threw garbage in his yard after a loss. I'm not the true fan who called radio stations non-stop after every game yelling that Carson has to go. When Carson does say he wants out, which is what all fans around here wanted, everyone calls him a "quitter" and throws him under the bus. I don't blame Bengals fans for sticking with them and not doing what I have done. I invest a lot of time and money into the organization that I cheer for and 20 years of never seeing a playoff win was enough for me to take my money and loyalty elsewhere. If you paid your cable bill for 20 years and it only worked two (winning seasons) out of those 20 years, yet all your neighbors were getting eight out of 20 years, you wouldn’t inquire any more details since you've been loyal? What reward have Bengals fans gotten from ownership to remain loyal?

"As far as Pittsburgh fans go - I hope they can/will accept me. If they don't I understand. I will be up there for a few games and the majority of Pittsburgh fans have been great to me so far. I will put in my time, study and cheer them on as good going forward as any fan in Pittsburgh."

Bengals-turned-Steelers fan responds - AFC North Blog - ESPN

4. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I can understand maybe changing teams because you move or something, but I can't see just giving up and going to another team.

5. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Imo noy even moving warrants changing team alliance.... I haveived many places and never changed my team... Ive been Falcon country for 13 yr and still a Dallas fan

sent from my HTC EVO using tapatalk

6. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Glad this tool is a steAler fan and gone.

7. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

what happened? the last bid was for the Bears lol

8. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Like a moth to a flame a douche took his rightful place as a SteAler fan.

9. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

we didn't need him anyways lol

10. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

I am seriously thinking about selling my alligence in all sports yearly if I can make cash off it lol.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

Not a bad career if you can make some coin...lol.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Wonder if he jumped back on the Bengals bandwagon...

13. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

we had another guy that jumped on the steeler bandwagon during the offseason and as soon as the Bengals beat the Browns he was back on the Bengal bandwagon :\