Bengals Vs Ravens Game Declared A Sellout

Discussion in 'Cincinnati Bengals' started by Sweets, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Cincinnati Bengals players begged fans to attend Sunday's game against the Ravens and it has seemed to work. The Bengals have announced Sunday's game has been declared a sellout. “Our fans have made a tremendous response this week to our sales efforts, and we thank the entire community for its support of the Bengals,â€￾ said Katie Blackburn, the team’s executive vice-president. “We’re pleased that the game will be on television for everyone, and we look forward to the fans at Paul Brown Stadium giving us a great home field advantage for a very important game against Baltimore.â€￾

Source: The Redzone

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

this whole situation should be rather disturbing to the Bengals and to the league. This team has a lot of young, exciting players and control their own destiny to make the playoffs .............. and they had trouble selling out for this game against a division rival ???? wtf ??

i would say THIS team should be more likely to move to L.A. than the Vikings, who have a great fan base.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Declared a sellout? I picture this deceleration event very similar to how those wackos out in western PA announce whether the Ground Hog has seen his shadow...VERY similar.

4. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Its very sad that the Bengals cant get fans into the seats I have enjoyed watching them play this year. The Browns are a much worse product here in Ohio and they don't have trouble selling seats that I know of...

5. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Nothing to do with the team. I live outside of Cincy. More so the cost of getting into the game keeping fans away. They did 2 for 1 deals for all season ticket holders and other things for non season ticket holders. They charge SO much for tickets and there's SO many people out of work here.

6. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, yes, tickets are very expensive and the economy is not great but it's the same everywhere in every nfl city and the fact that the bengals have a lot of young, exciting players and are on the verge of the playoffs and can't sell out a game against a division rival is pitiful. there's no way to spin it other than it's poor support from the city of cincinnati.