Best time for a fantasy draft?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by Chrisbob, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

When do you like doing your drafts? I know it depends on who created the league and finding a time that suits everyone but are you the type who likes to draft arounds now, before camps open when there are still lots of twists and turns that can effect the results in camp/pre-season (ie, injuries, cuts) or do you prefer drafting just before the seaosn starts and adjusting your rankings as the pre-season rumbles on?

I like drafting about 2 weeks before the season starts. You have a few hints in pre-season for some of your sleeper optiosn and you also have time before the season starts. I feel fantasy football is a good build up to the season and drafting a few weeks before the season (especially on a Sunday) helps get you hyped up and in the mood for the season.

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

The same...

In the middle of the preseason is the right time. I've played in leagues that draft one or two days before the regular season begins. No time to make trades. I've also played in late july, when training camps are just starting, and it happens that your 1st or 2nd round pick get injured and your team is done before even getting started...

3. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I've learned my lesson from years past when I think I should have the draft for the league I run. I used to have it in late july or early august but not anymore. From now on, i'll usually shoot for about a week before the regular season starts.

4. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

I like 2 weeks before the season begins. You've played some preseason games at that point and there's still time for roster moves before Week 1. The one time we drafted early in my main league I got burned by Vick's broken leg 2 days later.

5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

You got that for drafting Michael Vick in the first place

6. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

:icon_lol:

7. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

I knew that was coming. :icon_rolleyes:

8. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

I usually do them the last week of the preseason.

9. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

My leagues usually have their draft between the end of the preseason and the regular season start.

10. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Hrd to make adjustments when draft is at end of pre-season but it is the best time. With no cut leagues and injuries in last pre-season games....best to wait and adjust on the fly.

11. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Sure, since there are just 5 days between preseason end and reg. season kickoff, you don't have much time to adjust your ranking but on the other hand the big names won't play much in the 4th preseason game so they shouldn't get hurt just before the draft.