Bill Polian Enshrined On Buffalo Bills Wall Of Fame

Discussion in 'Buffalo Bills' started by SRW, Oct 22, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Executive Bill Polian, the architect of Buffalo’s four Super Bowl teams of the early 1990s, was officially inducted onto the team’s Wall of Fame at Ralph Wilson Stadium Sunday.

“The greatest thing about this is that I can share it with family, friends, colleagues and you — the fans,’’ said Polian, 69, during a moving ceremony at halftime of the Bills vs. Tennessee Titans game.

Polian’s name was placed on the façade of the former administration building at the tunnel end of the stadium, next to the names of Phil Hansen, Bruce Smith, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed and Steve Tasker, some of the stars he brought to Buffalo during his tenure from 1984-1993, the last eight as general manager.

Many former players were in attendance, including Smith, Reed, Thomas, Jim Kelly and Darryl Talley, along with former coach Marv Levy, whom Polian also hired. Polian thanked owner Ralph Wilson, the players and Levy.

“No one will ever go to four straight Super Bowls again,’’ Polian said. “And the man that made it all possible for all of us, my mentor, my friend, the man who taught me all I know about professional football and most of what I know about life, Marv Levy.’’

Source: Democrat & Chronicle