Bill Polian Not Interested In The Panthers GM Job

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by SRW, Nov 12, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Former Carolina Panthers general manager Bill Polian said Sunday he was not interested in returning to the organization to replace Marty Hurney, who was fired earlier this season, Roy Green and Joseph Person of the Charlotte Observer report.

Polian, who still has a home in the Lake Norman area, now works for ESPN and was in the Bank of America Stadium press box watching the Panthers-Broncos game Sunday.

He said the Panthers did the right thing in hiring former New York Giants executive Ernie Accorsi to lead the search for a new general manager.

“They couldn’t have chosen a better person to do it,†Polian said. “You have to get the process right before you can get anything else right. They got the process right. Everything else will flow from that.â€

Polian didn’t offer any thoughts on the state of the Panthers.

“This is the first time I’ve had a real opportunity to look at them so I would be giving an uneducated opinion,†he said.

Source: The Redzone

2. Starkiller501

Starkiller501 Starter

Polian was the first guy I thought of, when the Panthers fired Hurney. They should scrap the staff, and start over

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yes, they need a total house cleaning in carolina. it had been dysfunctional for a long time.