Black Monday

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by TheDuke, Dec 28, 2012.

1. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

This Monday will be the day when some changes happen in the NFL, namely coaches get fired. There's a lot of speculation this off-season about the coaching carousel and here are some names that find themselves on the hot seat/might be unemployed for New Years.

Andy Reid - Philadelphia (Gone)
    Ron Rivera - Carolina
    Pat Shurmer - Cleveland
    Romeo Crennell - Kansas City (Gone)
    Norv Turner - San Diego (Gone)
    Chan Gailey - Buffalo (Gone)
    Mike Mularky - Jacksonville
    Ken Whisenhunt - Arizona
    Rex Ryan - New York Jets

Long Shots But Maybe
    Lovie Smith - Chicago
    Mike Munchak - Tennessee
    Jason Garrett - Dallas
    Jim Schwartz - Detroit

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  2. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000118003/Teams-most-likely-to-fire-their-coaches]Teams most likely to fire their coaches - NFL Videos[/ame]

3. Fez

Fez Chicharooney!!!

It's Ken Whisenhunt, not Mike.

Anyway:

IMO the following are surely gone:
    Reid (burned out)
    Shurmur (new regime, didn't do a lot in his stint)
    Crennel (the Belcher situation was tough, but that shouldn't prevent the Chiefs to fire both him and Pioli).
    Turner (about 3 years overdue)
    Gailey (never made it happen)
    Whisenhunt (4 QBs started at least one game this year, including Hoyer in Week 17. That screams "clueless")
    Rex (begging to get fired)

50/50:
    Lovie (aging team, never got it going even with Cutler. Failed to bring quality targets other than Marshall, and the OL is a mess).
    Munchak (too much rah rah, not enough substance, team looks so much worse and Locker isn't developing as well as the team wished).
    Garrett (Jerry may have another mental lapse caused by one of his plastic surgeries and fire him, even if he makes the playoffs. You never know).

Short leashes for next season:
    Rivera (playoffs or bust next year).
    Mularkey (this was his first year and he inherited Gabbert; they may draft a QB early or push for a veteran like Tebow or Alex Smith).
    Schwartz (took the Lions to the playoffs last season; he will have an ultimatum: control your players or else).

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

I agree wit [MENTION=547]Fez[/MENTION]' "Hines" except for Ryan and Whisenhunt. I'm not sold that ownership in Arizona will want to get rid of The Whiz, but I think he'll HAVE to make several changes in his staff,otherwise he will be gone. As for
    Rex Ryan, he'll stick around a little too long like a virus.

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

there could be quite a few firings this off-season, mainly because a few of these guys actually should have been fired LAST year, delaying the inevitable and piling up the number of coaches on the hot seat

6. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I can see 8 head coaches getting the axe this off season. I'm just wondering if Lurie will pull the trigger on Monday or wait a little bit and talk to Andy.

And I know it's Ken. I keep writing Mike for some reason. For that reason alone he should be fired.

7. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

8. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I Would not be shocked if lurie cans him sunday! heard reports that up to 10 coaches can get canned monday! the two big question marks are cleveland and arizona!

9. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I Think these guys stay,but munchak is as good as gone!

10. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Lovie has been saved thru the last few years by Virginia McCaskey who thinks he's 'a very nice man'.

Question will be how much power Emery really has cuz I don't believe he doesn't want to put his complete mark on this team including getting rid of any hold over from the Angelo era.

11. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Those are my thoughts on Black Monday.

12. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

That's a crap load of turn over.

13. CaptainStubing

yep, it could be a lot of turn over this time around because there wasn't as much turnover after last season as there should have been. realistically, chicago, philly, san diego, and arizona should have gotten rid of their coaches after last season but i believe many organizations were trying to be a little conservative and give the coaches the benefit of the doubt with the lockout and everything.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

Gonna be pretty interesting to see where all these coaches go and what new ones come in. Should have a pretty interesting effect on free agency this offseason as far as the players go as well...

15. CaptainStubing

i don't see dennis allen on anyone's list ............ he's probably gone so add him to your lists.

and no one is really talking about this, but at some point, tom coughlin is going to retire. he has an exhausting job, dude is pretty old and at some point, he is going to hit a wall and call it quits.

16. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

17. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

That's the general talk down here. Although Whiz's contract states he and he only has 100% control over the hiring and firing of his coaching staff, if he wants to keep his job then he undoubtedly would succumb to an "or else" ultimatum from Bidwell.

Whiz has had his shot post-Warner, Boldin, et al and has failed miserably in almost every aspect of assembling and managing an offense. Whiz's only success over the past 2 seasons is the hiring of Ray Horton.

18. Fez

Fez Chicharooney!!!

19. SRW

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OpWrn7gh08&feature=ytfce]Many Firings Expected Monday - YouTube[/ame]

20. SRW

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IW5kHj_bjE&feature=ytfce]Glazer: Head Coaching Candidates - YouTube[/ame]