Boston College LB Luke Kuechly Mini-Scouting Report

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by adammwilson, Jan 21, 2012.

1. [​IMG]

Round: 1st

Positive: Tackling

Negative: Coverage

Run: Above Average

Pass Rush: Average

Coverage: Average

Instincts: Above Average

Other Spots: OLB

Smart

Strong

Wraps up very very well

good athlete but won't wow you

Sheds blocks well

Big hitter

Needs a little technique work in coverage

2. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Reminds me of a better and healthier Sean Lee

3. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

ive called him a rich mans sean lee...the dude has football esp

4. The Sith

The Sith 1st Stringer

I say latr first rounder early second he may be there when the Patriots pick. would like to see the cowboys trade up to get him.

5. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

He is easily a mid first, wouldnt be shocked if he is off the board when our first round rolls around

6. Dude is good. If he drops to late 1st that's a STEAL

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

i see alot of average used to describe him

8. where? About what?

9. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Most everything but than his "football IQ" has been described as average/ok, not great, in what I've read

10. K Train

hes physically pretty average, but average doesnt mean limited per say. You can have average height and size and still be better than the average LB.

from the neck up hes got it all, smarts, playcalling ability, angles, insticnts, awareness, toughness, and composure. You just dont catch him out of position, and you dont trick him.

athletically hes good enough even if it is "average" timed speed and reps...ect

11. guy can tackle.

Even if you're average in coverage and you're not the best athlete doesn't make you a bad LB. I would much much much rather have smart LB's who can tackle over athletic LB's.

12. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Was just answering the question, nothing says average+average+super smart can't be a good player. That's just what I've read about his athleticism, skills etc. Mainly trying to figure out whether I'd want him on the Browns, we have at least one LB spot that needs to be addressed in the next year or so.

13. K Train

if you run a 43 defense, you want him on your team.

he could play in a 34 but its a waste of his skills. hed be an excellent fit for the browns imo, playing behind a big dline and having a good secondary behind him (at least half of a good secondary)

14. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

I'd looove to see him on the Giants.

15. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

My concern with his athleticism would be the ability to play outside, because the Browns will look to keep DQwell Jackson in the middle, and he's the tackling machine. If that's the case it seems to me that they'd need a more versatile player outside, an athlete who can add pressure. Just not sure if he fits for what the Browns have right now. Different story entirely if they don't keep Jackson though, Keuchly could fill a big need.

16. K Train

if youre questioning whether or not LK is going to be better OLB than scott freaking fujita...the answer is yes lol

17. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Hahahaha, no it was not sir. Never liked him to begin with unless he's helping call plays from the sideline.

18. He could play OLB but only in certain schemes depending on what a coach wants at the OLB position.

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

the eagles have had enough "average" lb's who were labeled as smart. they need a freaking stud in the middle for a damn change. i'd rather the eagles go after tullock or loften in FA and take a run at brockers in the 1st round.

20. K Train

i dont get where you can call him average. hes great. average timed speed and bulk doesnt mean average player