Boston College LB Luke Kuechly Mini-Scouting Report

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by adammwilson, Jan 21, 2012.

1. smeags

smeags militant geek

for starters look at the 1st post in this thread.

then there's this. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1031882-luke-kuechly-2012-nfl-draft-scouting-report

it's great to have a ton of tackles to fill the stat sheet but the eagles have enough LB's that make tackles downfield. this kid may very well make it as good player in the nfl but IMO doesnt fit the eagles needs at this time. again, i pass on this guy and would like the team go sign a proven MLB via FA and go for better talent in the middle of the d-line in the 1st round.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

one mans opinion...heres another

Round: 1st

Positive: Tackling

Negative: Blitzing

Run: Above Average

Pass Rush: Decent but unspectacular

Coverage: Solid

Instincts: Elite

Other Spots: OLB

Smart

Strong

Excellent form tackler, great in traffic, excellent leader and has a feel for what the offense is doing making him a great in game play adjustment caller.

A much better prospect than similar players such as Sean Lee and James Lauranitis. schematically versatile but i wouldnt want to waste him in a 34.

Day one starter...youre right that the eagles have had enough average LBs and "smart" players but if you want to compare luke to average MLBs like trotter, dhani jones, casey matthews, or jamar chaney ( i may be forgetting some because even the ones i named are forgettable players) then hes on a whole other planet of talent and production

3. K Train

i just dont see him as just a high tackle total guy like pile jumpers like lauranitis was at ohio state (who turned out to be a fine player himself, but his numbers were inflated).

i mean i guess i dont really care if you dont like him..just saying i think hes gonna be a hell of a player in a 43 and the eagles have the dline and secondary to make him go from very good to special

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

that's awesome that you're sold on him. not everyone else is and if the eagles can lock up lofton or tullock at MLB it's the better choice for them right now.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  5. K Train

peters, vick, jenkins, samuel, nnamdi, babin, and lofton would make for a hell of a 5 year stint of FA signings

6. I'm sold on him fwiw. I also don't think the Eagle LB's are anywhere close to Kuechly in terms of talent.

7. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

:agreed:

You guys can keep talking this hecker up all you want. I'll take Burfict's crazy butt over this dude in a heartbeat.

8. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

This dude was so undervalued heading into last year and no one gave him the props he deserved in 2011, but Evan Mathis had a freaking GREAT year. He is PERFECT for Mudd's system, and I predict another great year next year.

The idea of getting Lofton gives me wood.

9. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Jamar Chaney can ball. He's fast and strong as hell. He'd probably run circles around this dude from what I'm reading in this thread.

I am one of the rare few who think Chaney could thrive in the middle if given some consistent time there. He shows ability. Problem is he has scrubs all around him. I like Rolle as a situational player but don't think he can be a full time player and it's mainly because of his size. He is a good player.

You give me Lofton in FA and the best DT available in the first and I'd feel a crapload more confident going into the season... hell, heck DT and go get Burfict. We got Dixon coming back next year and if he can play the run like he did two years ago, we can afford to address DT in the second or third.

Rotation of Lofton - Burfict - Chaney - Rolle - the other scrubs sprinked in when the others get tired, and I'd cream.

10. K Train

im not disputing that...but hes mine so stay away

11. Give me Herzlich over Burfinct any day of the week.

Lofton is a MLB only.

Chaney is pretty good. He is a legit starter in the NFL.

I agree on Rolle.

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

unfortunately the eagles are all about character so they'd never take him so he'll be there for you. :banghead:

13. K Train

taze gets a bad rep but hes not a "bad character" guy

its open to interpretation, but just because hes bat crap crazy on the field doesnt make him a bad character guy imo

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

the eagles have a mormon and a CPA making their picks. i have no faith they will make the right choice. i keep hearing the term "legit starter" tossed around when the eagles' picks are discussed. what does that even mean in this watered down league ?

anyway, not to sidetrack this thread anymore. i wouldn't be really upset if the eagles took this BC kid. i think there's better options but they could do worse.

15. it's not just bad crap crazy it's stupid as hell bat crap crazy

16. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Kuechly is a better overall prospect then Taze pure perfomance wise

The only MLB in college that pwns Kuechly is Teo. Teo is the next Willis. Kuechly and Taze rolled into one. and he's going back to ND

17. K Train

i love teo but taze is better, teo is more versatile but taze is easily a top 10 talent. not quite willis but much better than mcclain imo

18. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

For a 3-4 for or overall, because Teo isnt quite as good a 3-4 prospect as Taze, but he is a much better overall LB prospect. Taze is a 3-4 headhunter. He'll probobly be about as good as Karlos Dansby. Teo on the other hand is a star in any scheme. He is MUCH closer to Willis then Taze is.

He's also not an "eat brains" guy like Taze

19. K Train

i still love teo in a 34, at all 4 positions....kinda reminds me of farrior in his prime, will play middle but really could play any spot.

taze is reporedly falling, idc though hes perfect for the steelers