Brakos' NFL Tour 2009

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by brakos82, May 24, 2009.

1. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

Hey, I was wearing a Mario Williams jersey. The color's close enough, right? LOL

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

ha ha yeah, but Peterson is in the same division as the other two teams. I just couldn't imagine someone wearing a Cowboys jersey to a game between the Eagles and Giants no matter where it was being played.

3. brakos82

Monday, Oct 05 - Packers at Vikings

Even from the upper deck of the Metrodome, the noise level at the Metrodome was louder than anything I've been in so far this season. Down on the lower level, I could see a lot more green spots in the stands than what I saw here. It was mostly a solid sea of purple 4, 28, and 69. It was a great atmosphere for a Monday Night game. Although, I could use to go without the 7-hour drive beforehand. Yesterday knocked me out. LOL

I'm not sure if it's just because the whole situation is shadowed by the drama and controversy, but Brett Favre still knows how to play a good game of football. I think it's still too soon to compare Favre to Rodgers, considering the Packers appear to have a weaker team from watching this game. They looked good against the Rams, but come on... it's the Rams we're talking about here. LOL

Today, we headed out to the Mall of America. I'm used to the mall in Pasadena, which isn't much of a mall to begin with, but I think we only got to see about a third of it. As far as I'm concerned, they should just build it more skywards rather than outwards.

Anyways, we're leaving for Detroit on Friday morning, stopping in Green Bay just for the hell of it in the afternoon, then going around the UP of Michigan. We're gonna stop for the night somewhere up there, hell if I know what it's called, Escanaba, Escartaba. Soemthing like that. LOL

Random Ramblings:

Megann just spent about 140 at the mall today. I spent about 40 on electronic gizmos, and I don't think Dan got anything.
    If one of them makes me walk another 100 feet tonight, they will be shot.
    Counting down the days to Windows 7.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Good stuff. Awesome game to be at. I'm following you on Twitter now.

5. theeraser21

theeraser21 u r a slapdick

awesome pictures, take more and keep the posts comming!!

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Excellent Stuff Brakos...

7. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

This thread should be turned in to a blog...would be really cool.

8. brakos82

:think: Never actually thought about it... Although on a side note, I've been waiting for the word "blog" to sound normal... it still doesn't. :no:

9. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Awesome pics brakos!

:yahoo:

10. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

damn man, this would be the greatest thing ever to do. Kudos to you doing it, great pictures. I hope you're having the time of your life, i know i would be.

11. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Nice pictures man.

12. brakos82

Thought I'd post something before the game tomorrow.

Wednesday, we just sat around and did much of nothing.

Thursday, went downtown, found a bar to lounge around in.

Had to make a change of plans because of the snow that's moving through the UP right now. We decided to head south after Green Bay because of it, and after a couple iffy (but clear) mornings, it looks like we're out of the freezing cold weather for this week. We stayed in Sheboygan on Friday, went through Chicago on our way to Detroit. Doesn't look like there's much to do in this city, so I'll likely be online more than lately.

I'll post here tomorrow night if I'm sober-ish. LOL

13. brakos82

Well I let this thread die, huh? :no:

I'll start with the game from Sunday, the Lions taking on the Steelers. Total blowout it wasn't, as the Steelers had another 4th quarter meltdown and let the Lions right back into this game. If it wasn't for Culpepper's ignnorance to the pass rush, this game could've ended up going the other way.

The stadium was about as bi-partisan as the Rams game earlier this year, which isn't too surprising considering they've only won 1 game in the last 2 years.

Now for all of the other random crap that always accompanies these posts.

Monday, we did a whole lotta nothing.

Tuesday, we decided to drive to Canada. It's not that far away, and we made it to London. No, not that London, the one in Ontario. It was better than just sitting around doing nothing all day, but still... it's Canada....

Wednesday, nothing again. Detroit is very boring if you're curious.

Thursday, we drove down to Cincy. Most sane people would take I-75, but what's the fun in that? We took US-127 most of the way (look it up if you have no idea where it is). We got a place north of town, which is convinient enough. (yes, I know I spelled "convinient" wrong. Shut up Leo.)

Friday, well, mostly nothing. Did some running around early, but that's about it. It's still too damn cold.

And then today, nothing interesting so far, but we'll probably go downtown this afternoon.

The Cincy/Houston game tomorrow afternoon, hopefully it warms up a bit by then. It's supposed to be in the upper 60's by mid-week, so looking forward to that.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

damn. Ford Field looks like a freak'n beast.

15. theeraser21

theeraser21 u r a slapdick

nice pics, take more pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Awesome updates brakos, keep living the dream!

17. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

yo brakos......which game/city/experience has been your favorite so far?

18. brakos82

Cities: I've liked Nashville and New Orleans the most, Chicago was good too. Detroit was boring though.

Games: Umm... just not the Rams game. It was a bit disappointing.

Stadiums: Really liked the Superdome and Soldier Field, Ford Field was nice too.

19. Matt314hew

Matt314hew Mr. Impossible

I am going to try and help you out for the Steelers games. I attend them every Sunday (except this weekend as my sister is taking the tickets :icon_frown::icon_frown::icon_frown:.

1. Always sould out.
    2. Face value 100 and up (i have tickets on the 50, but 3 rows from the top for 75 bucks).
    3. Scalpers are always on the streets, but stub hub or ebay or SteelersTicketExchange will have tickets
    4. As long as you are not wearing Browns, Ravens, Bengals, or the opponents colors, you will be fine. And if you stop by tailgates, you can explain what you are doing and they will probably welcome you with open arms.

I will be at the Cincy/Steelers game. Let me know where you are sitting.

20. brakos82

I've already got tickets for both (118 this week, 515 for the Bengals) from Stubhub. At least it isn't cold/snowing yet though.

And I have (well, Dan took the last 2) pics from the Cincy/Houston game. We were on the lower level, but the glare was so bad down there when I tried getting pics you would've only had white space. Dan went up to the upper decks and snapped a couple shots though.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]