Brett Favre Says Jets Pushed Him To Play Despite Injury

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SRW, Sep 9, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Brett Favre, speaking in his weekly news conference in Minnesota, said the Jets knew during the season that his right biceps tendon was torn. Reading Favre's quotes, it sounds like he wanted to sit down, but that the coaches and front office pushed him into playing. "Absolutely. I was receptive to (sitting) last year," Favre said. "When we finally did an MRI and found out I had a torn biceps last year, I felt like, with about four or five games left, that even though I was making some pretty good throws and some decent plays, I felt like I was doing the team more harm because I was missing on some throws. I talked with Brian Schottenhemier, talked to Mike Tannenbaum, and my quarterback coach who now is the coordinator for Cleveland, and addressed that with him that I thought maybe I was doing more harm than good. They knew I had a torn biceps, which we backed off in practice. I took cortisone shots a couple times to try to relieve the pain. I started pressing. I was real receptive to (sitting). We felt like, after talking with each one of them, that it was best to just -- we'd come this far -- to just finish it out. I had no qualms about having Kellen (Clemens) play, and that probably hasn't even been addressed before because I didn't think it would need to be addressed at the end of the season, but I just didn't feel confident because of this injury. So sure, I don't want to go through that and neither do the Vikings.''

Source:
    New York Daily News

2. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

So I guess Green Bay forced him to play when he had that broken thumb.:whatever:

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

This guy is such a liar

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

He's such a good guy...

5. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I believe him.

6. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

More likely the opposite. No way Favre gives up the streak to benefit the Jets.

7. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

What would compel him to bring this up? Maybe it did happen as he says, but one year later, who gives a heck?

8. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Jesus Christ....will someone shut him the heck up already!!!!!!

1 person likes this.
  9. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

10. Wacko4Flacco

Wacko4Flacco Prima Ballerina

I think if I hear one more story concerning anything about Brett Favre I am going to:dirty29:

11. packerboy

packerboy Bugger off

Cry me a river.

12. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

That is a funny Sears commercial - now he's making money off of his waffling? What a country!:icon_rolleyes:

13. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

Is it wrong to remember what the mob "used to do" to guys who were indecisive and talked too much?

14. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

yeah, the Jets were like, keep throwing INT's Brett, this freaking douche bag throws everyone under the bus if it will give him an excuse. Go pop a freaking vicodin Brett you freaking snitch.

1 person likes this.
  15. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

:highfive:

Poor Brett.:eek:o:

16. hermhater

hermhater Guest

:hifive:

17. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

Mangini should have rested him, and ran the ball more. maybe the Jets wouldn't have blown an 8-3 start!

18. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

Can we get a rule where Emmit Smith is the only one who can interview Brett Favre, then they never show the interview? We don't have to tell them its not on TV. Then Emmit gets to talk, Brett gets to talk and nobody has to suffer.