Brian Urlacher Says The Bears Are The NFC's Best Team

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by SRW, May 17, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher is confident, if anything. Last week, while participating in an NFL "Fuel Up To Play 60" event at a New Mexico elementary school, Urlacher didn't shy away from sharing his thoughts on the Bears' prospects for 2011. "I think we're the best team in our conference," Urlacher told the Albuquerque Journal. "I know we're not the Super Bowl champs like the Green Bay Packers. We want to be the best in our conference and to be there, we've got to go through Green Bay." The Bears finished 11-5 in 2010 and won the NFC North ahead of the Packers, before losing to Green Bay 21-14 in the NFC championship game. Still, with the NFL in a lockout and free agency frozen, it's unclear where Urlacher's optimism is coming from. Chicago had only five picks in April's draft and addressed its offensive and defensive lines with its first two picks before selecting a quarterback -- a position that wasn't a glaring need -- in the fifth round.

Source: USA Today

2. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Um Brian I think there is a team in your area that says otherwise

sent from my HTC EVO using tapatalk

3. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

Not with Jay Cutler haha.

4. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

If they can fix that offensive line I think you can make a case for it.

5. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

really?

hmmmmm trying to think of some good trash talk........................ i give up .

6. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

OMG I'm shocked Brian Urlacher would say something like this. Because he has never said anything homer or stupid like this before.

7. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

I'm not sure they're better than Detroit.

8. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

This ^^^, and im pretty sure there's at least 2 better teams then chicago. Hint? Their both in the nfc north... i think the lions will surprise a bunch of people this year.

9. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Chicago are a team that have been in regression for years. Last years free agent raid may have delayed the process last season, but there's no doubt in my mind that this season they will be back to where they should be...a losing record.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

They aren't.

11. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

So what's Urlacher suppose to say? "Well, we're not as good as Green Bay and the jury's still out on our QB and offensive line, but we're sure going to try our best." Right.

12. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Why do people insist on saying anything when in reality they know damned well what they spew isn't the truth. Just because you want it doesn't make it so. The article said Urlacher didn't shy away from sharing his thoughts, it didn't say someone asked him if the Bears are the best in the NFC... Why make ridiculous statements in the first place.

13. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Plain and simple: Nothing

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

Winner!!!

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

wow, what a surprise, hurlacher running his mouth again.

newflash dipcrap, the bears arent even the best team in the north.

oh and your qb is a cat.

16. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

He shouldn't have said anything. Its not like someone asked him a question that he was answering..He just likes to freely offer up his opinions and thoughts, and he's done this many times in past seasons. Its NO different then Rex Ryan shooting his mouth off. Both of em should just stfu.

17. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Right. Your supposed to sit there and say nothing. LMFAO. I don't know where you people get your crap from but as a fan I want everyone on my team to THINK they are the best team in the league, and to go out there each and everyday and fight to prove it regardless of what anyone else says. I mean WTF? Say nothing. BULLCRAP, if he was on your team you'd be praising him right now.