Browns DT Phil Taylor Excited About New Attacking Defense

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by SRW, Mar 2, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Appearing Saturday at the Greater Cleveland Auto Show at the I-X Center, Browns DT Phil Taylor said he was excited about playing for new defensive coordinator Ray Horton. and didn’t seem concerned about the switch to the 3-4.

“I can play end,†Taylor said. “I’m the type of person, if you put me at linebacker, I’m going to try to play it. If you put me at running back I’m going to try to play it. I’m going to do whatever I’ve got to do. I’m just ready.â€

Taylor said he stopped at Browns headquarters Thursday and spoke to Chudzinski and Horton, although not in detail. Taylor said Horton told him, “‘I’ve been watching film on you and I can’t wait to sit down and talk to you.’ â€

Per the collective bargaining agreement, that can’t happen until April 1.

“This defense this year is going to look totally different,†Taylor said. “We’re going to be out there flying around. It’s going to be crazy. I can’t wait to get out there.

“Everybody will be attacking in this defense. You’ll see.â€

Source: Akron Beacon Journal

2. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Taylor is an absolute stud, I can get excited about him at end and Rubin at the tackle.

3. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I would like to see Taylor at NT and Rubin at LDE. Middle pressure is a key to the new pass defending 3-4's. A guy that can both control gaps and penetrate through a gap ans generate pressure. Having a big RDE always helps a defense keep the OLB clean and also to control the LOS

Sent from my HTC Vivid

4. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

I want to see him at RB

5. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

He wouldn't be the bus, he would be the tanker.

6. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

Fat man running with football is still the most entertaining play in the NFL. Elbows pumping like chicken wings.