Browns Rookie QB Brandon Weeden Regrets 'Good Day' Claim After Sunday Loss

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by SRW, Sep 25, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The words had just barely passed his lips when Cleveland Browns rookie quarterback Brandon Weeden began having second thoughts.

"I think it was a solid day," he said following the 24-14 loss to Buffalo on Sunday. "I threw the ball where it needed to go all day. I felt extremely comfortable in the pocket. I felt my reads were really good. I felt I like I threw the ball accurately. I felt like I had a good day."

His words raised a few eyebrows, including those of coach Pat Shurmur. Not only did Weeden's numbers (27-43-237 yards, TD, 2 INTs) scream mediocrity, but Shurmur didn't appreciate the idea of his quarterback claiming a good day when the offense managed just 14 points and his team fell to 0-3.

"I would be disappointed if he was walking around saying he played well," Shurmur said. "We've all got to play better."

Shurmur isn't the only one disappointed he said that. Weeden is, too.

"I thought about it before I walked out of the [interview] room," he said. "First and foremost, we didn't win the game, so I didn't do enough to help us win the game. I shouldn't have said I played well. I should have said we didn't win, so I didn't play well, looking back."

Source: CBS Sports

2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

just goes to show the losing enviroment and mentality theyve established in cleveland

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yep, K, it can become infectious and obviously it's rampant in the browns organization

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

It's like a staph infection!

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

haha. yep, there seem to be a lot of infections in the browns locker room:rofl: