Bruce Arians Feels Cardinals’ Offensive Woes ‘Not As Dire’ As Some Believe

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by SRW, Feb 2, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

New Cardinals coach Bruce Arians said his first look at his team prompted more positive surprises than negative ones, most notably on the offensive line.

“We get some guys healthy, it's not as dire as some might make it out to be,†Arians said. “And some young guys have a chance to play who might be all right.â€

Two of those young guys are tackles Nate Potter and Bobby Massie, rookies last year. Massie started every game while Potter started the last six.

“They got some experience against quality opponents,†Arians said. “They're just going to get better.â€

The priority this off-season will be addressing the quarterback position. Arians likes to throw deep, and the current quarterbacks on the roster — Kevin Kolb, John Skelton and Ryan Lindley — have the arm strength to do it, he said.

But he’s not committing to any of them and that’s part of the reason he’s eager to start meeting with his coaches.

“What we have on the roster, they played well at times,†he said. “It's just protecting them, protecting the football a little bit better. If they are our guy, they are going to be better. I think I have a good rapport with quarterbacks. And (quarterbacks coach) Freddie (Kitchens) will do a fabulous job with the fundamental part of it, take them out to what I call the driving range, working on their fundamentals 40-45 minutes every day.â€

Source: Arizona Republic

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

eh, i appreciate your positive attitude arians but the cards offense IS an enormous project. Basically every aspect of it needs to be revamped/improved. obviously they 'should' be performing better than they have been and if they can get better QB play, the whole offense will improve, but it needs a LOT of work.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

I laugh at the media that saying he's dealt with a bad O-Line in Pittsburgh, a "shotty" run game in Pittsburgh and then they overlook the fact that he doesn't have Ben Roethlisberger back there to bail him out.

Maybe it's not in dire straights...maybe these guys will react and execute Arians system a little better. Bubble screen left, bubble screen right. throw it deep. Get a lead...run, run, incomplete, punt.

4. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Fix the oline. And maybe the team won't be as bad.