Bruce Campbell VS Cal

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Jihad Joe, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Interesting Video I saw on another forum.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wH2-cJJR-rQ]YouTube - Maryland OT Bruce Campbell Official Highlights vs. Cal[/ame]

Very good with very bad

You can see how athletic he is and use it to keep in front of his man

But you can also see him getting owned badly on a couple play's

Doesnt sell me on this guy, at least as an "elite" prospect. But he does look like like the type that if he latch's on to the right team with the right OL coach he could be special

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  2. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

He's a great pass blocker, but he has always been inconsistent against the run. He was beat on one passing play there by Alualu who isn't such a bad prospect himself. I think he lacks aggressiveness and a mean streak in the run game.

With better coaching in the NFL he will continue to improve as an elite pass blocker and maybe even develop the run-blocking mindset.

3. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

ive just never seen anything like him, hes such a unique lineman

4. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

I know what you mean. He will be amazing on screens/pulls because of his speed, and couple this with his natural feet, hands and strength and he could be a perennial pro bowler if given the right coaching (Alex Gibbs for example *hint hint*

5. K Train

hes built like vernon davsi but is 65 pounds heavier...really amazing that hes 315 pounds and runs a 4.85

6. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

I think he's got all the raw natural ability he just needs better coaching. I'm sure he'll be able to catch on and become a cornerstone of a franchise for the next decade+.

7. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

That probably won't happen. He will most likely be drafted by the Raiders.

8. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

I think it depends on Sam Bradford. If his shoulder isn't satisfactory I think the top teams pass on him and Campbell gets bumped up into the top 6 (eg WAS - Okung, KC/SEA - Campbell) with Bradford falling to 7.

9. K Train

i am not sure he stands a chance of making it past the raiders...hes everything they look for

10. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

I want no part of this guy. He's only started 17 games and was just ok in those. He's a physical specimen but is going to be a project. We need a tackle that can start on the left side day 1.

11. russian.tank

russian.tank BruceAlmighty2010

Raiders are gonna draft him. You watch.

12. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

IF he makes it down to the Raiders, I don't doubt that. However, I don't think he will, and Al Davis hasn't yet got the hang of trading up in his 4000 year lifetime.

13. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Maybe we could get both of them.

14. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

Both of who, HH?