Buccaneers Defeat Raiders 42-32 Behind Doug Martin's Monster Day

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by SRW, Nov 4, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Doug Martin rushed for career highs of 251 yards and four touchdowns, while a pair of late interceptions helped derail an Oakland comeback as the Tampa Bay Buccaneers beat the Raiders, 42-32, in Week 9 action.

Josh Freeman finished 18-of-30 for 237 yards and a pair of scores through the air for the Buccaneers (4-4), who have won three of their last four outings.

Mike Williams added 68 yards and one touchdown on four receptions, with Vincent Jackson posting a TD grab to cap Tampa's first-ever win in Oakland.

Carson Palmer threw for 414 yards and four touchdowns but was intercepted three times on 39-of-61 efficiency for the Raiders (3-5), whose two-game win streak was halted.

Marcel Reece led the receiving corps with 95 yards and one score on eight catches, while Brandon Myers totaled two TD receptions and 59 yards in a losing cause.

Source: Sports Network

2. SRW

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000090282/Buccaneers-vs-Raiders-highlights]Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Oakland Raiders highlights - NFL Videos[/ame]

3. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

Doug Martin saved my fantasy team this week.....

4. Although I spent the end of my tour and the first quarter of the game in the central booking area of the Pinellas County Jail, I was able to get home in time to finish the first half and the rest of the game comfy on my couch with an ice cold coke wrapped in a blanket after a hot shower and a nice teeth brushing. You would think in the Tampa Bay area that county sheriff's would have a lot more things to do that match their pay grade, like catching robbers and rapists or maybe even arresting prostitutes and crack/cocaine drug dealers. Not one, not even two, but THREE Pinellas County sheriff's had a cute little speed-trap set up in the quiet nice area of Saint Pete Beach at two in the AM, probably hoping to catch a few "glu, glug, vroom vroomers", but nonetheless, on my way home from cleaning kitchens and whatnot at the Tradewinds I was pulled over through this speed-trap for going 43 in a 35 and they had come to find out my license was suspended (which I knew), I explained money was very tight and that I was obviously coming from work (in an all white and very dirty kitchen uniform) which I guess did not matter because even when you are 23, working days and nights to make money, have no criminal record and are nothing but polite you can still go to jail for "driving". I had no tickets, just a sixty dollar reinstatement fee that I was planning on paying with my check after this weeks. Very, very crappy day. Thank you for reading and if you didn't don't mind me, I just don't have very many people to vent to this about without catching flack for it. HaHa

So as I was watching the game I kept thinking about how much I want to see Doug Martin explode against an overrated Raiders defense, and not much to my surprise he delivered with not one, not even two, but THREE big home runs in the second half and added a one yard run into glory for a total of four TD's on the day. Buccaneers fans have been waiting for this guy since Cadillac Williams.

5. SRW

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000090482/GameDay-Buccaneers-vs-Raiders-highlights]GameDay: Buccaneers vs. Raiders highlights - NFL Videos[/ame]

6. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i would have won mine even without him. he just made the game a rout.