Buccaneers OG Davin Joseph Says Rehab Is Done, "Country Club" Is Gone

Discussion in 'Tampa Bay Buccaneers' started by SRW, Apr 16, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

When Tampa Bay Buccaneers guard Davin Joseph was asked Tuesday about the development of the team's makeshift offensive line last season, the veteran guard delivered a pancake block to the former regime of the Buccaneers.

“It's that change we went through, going from a country club into a place where we actually conduct football business,'' Joseph said.

The Bucs finished 7-9 last season after Greg Schiano replaced Raheem Morris as head coach and implemented a culture change that stressed discipline and details.

A first-round pick in the 2006 draft, Joseph is one of the few Bucs remaining from the 2007 club that represents Tampa Bay's last playoff entry.

“I've seen a lot of guys come in and out the door,'' he said. “There's only a few of us left.''

Joseph declared himself completely recovered from a season-ending knee injury suffered during a preseason game in August. He is eager to rejoin an offense that finished No. 9 in the NFL last year.

“Rehab's good, rehab's over with,'' said Joseph, a two-time Pro Bowl selection. “I have no limitations. Now, it's about getting in football shape. I'm where I need to be and I'm confident I'll have no issues come (offseason workouts) and minicamp. I'm really excited for the season. On offense, we're shooting for the stars. We've always had weapons, we just have to utilize them in the right way.''

Source: Tampa Tribune