"Captain Morgan" Releases A Statement Over NFL Flap

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by SRW, Nov 14, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

"Captain Morgan" has responded to the NFL's decision not to allow his company to recruit players to salute him in touchdown celebrations. The league said this week it would not allow "ambush marketing" after Eagles TE Brent Celek struck a "Captain Morgan pose" following a touchdown last weekend. The rum company had intended to offer charitable contributions of $10,000 for every player who followed suit. Today, "Captain Morgan" released this first-person statement about the controversy: "Captain Morgan here, as you know I believe in celebrating legendary times with my fans and my friends and always doing so in a socially responsible manner. I am a man of action, a man of the moment, and I always make fun a priority. And when it comes to football what is more fun than a touchdown? I believe in drinking responsibly, marketing responsibly and helping charities too, but understand my friends at the NFL's perspective. I will continue in my quest for legendary times and ask my fans to do the same."

Source: USA Today

2. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

Seems like this is a little bit overblown but it's good that the Captain would come forward and set the record straight himself.

3. Another stupid penalty to the No Fun League. Screw that

4. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

How does Arena treat this kind of stuff?

5. hermhater

hermhater Guest

The Arena league is still in biz?

6. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

^They're not.

I find it funny that Larry Johnson can get away with throwing up the Rocafella diamond and no one gives a damn. Probably because nobody in the high office knows what it is.

1 person likes this.
  7. hermhater

hermhater Guest