Cardinals Trade OT Levi Brown To The Steelers

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Sweets, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Fez

Fez Chicharooney!!!

I believe he's bad, but have YOU seen Levi? :icon_twisted:

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Oh yeah. He's bad. But I'd take that gamble everytime...lol. New bad for old bad.

3. Fez

Fez Chicharooney!!!

It's a shame we already have a RUN CARSON, RUN campaign going on... it'd be overkill to include Big Ben in it. lol

4. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

Thats another thing, change may do him well.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Now they are saying that the steelers also received a conditional pick in this deal...lol.

[​IMG]

6. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Plus the Cards are reporting that they'll be eating $4,000,000 of his 2014 salary (against the cap) as part of a pro-rated signing bonus. The Cards don't smell like a rose on this after all except that he's is no longer in uniform here......and that's good.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

I could only hope that it comes out that Isaac Redman was included in that deal...lol

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

And the Steelers wind up paying even less:

@MarkKaboly_Trib: #Steelers signing Levi Brown officially cost them $546,765. Now $1.3 under the salary cap.

9. markaz

Good for both teams and good for him. Fresh start for Levi, on the cheap for the Steelers and minus one big mistake for the Cards.

Now we'll just have to see how your sorry-assed OC reacts if/when Ben gets blindsided 4-6 times in a game. Ahhhhh......the good old days!

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Pretty much business as usual then...lol

11. markaz

I guess that would capsulize it.:lol:

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Remember that trade the Steelers made with the Arizona Cardinals for Levi Brown? Also remember that it did not cost them anything because Brown wasn’t on their roster longer than the one game in which he was hurt warming up. So the Steelers have all seven of their draft picks, plus whatever compensatory picks the NFL gives them. The Steelers should easily get into salary cap compliance by March 11 by releasing one player, Levi Brown, who has a $6,250,000 salary for 2014. That will be erased entirely when they cut him.