Championship Sit or Start Question

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by Doctor Claw, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Doctor Claw

Doctor Claw Rookie

.5 PPR

Do to Jordan Cameron's concussion I need to pick either Pitta (home vs. NE) or Martellus Bennett (at Philly)

and

Flex question: Jordan Todman (home vs. Ten) or Dennis Johnson (home vs. Den)

New to this forum...hoping you guys can help (heard it was a good community)

[​IMG]

2. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

3. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

DaBears22 likes this.
  4. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

I kinda like Dennis Pitta. Guy caught 6 balls and a TD his first game back for the Ravens. In each game that the Ravens have played against the Pats, Pitta has caught at least 5 balls and a TD. Bennett has been "cold" recently and the Eagles have only given up 2 TDs to TEs all season.

If MJD is definitely out, I go Todman.

6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

That @ mention didn't work, btw.

I like Bennett just because it should be a shootout of a game with tons of points to go around, and Cutler seemed to have some good chemistry with him in the early part of the season - with him back, Bennett could be too. I'd be fine with Pitta too, I don't think he's a bad option; he's pretty much guaranteed points as Flacco's bff and well-used safety blanket, I just see more potential for a huge game from Bennett. Also more potential for a goose egg, but that's what makes it fun, right?

I guess I'd go with Johnson in the second scenario (if MJD plays) because who else do they really even have to run the ball now? Plus Denvers run D isn't really all that. HOWEVER, there's an extremely good chance (virtual certainty?) that Houston will fall behind by many many points very quickly and be forced to abandon the run altogether before Johnson really even sniffs the ball, so there's that. If MJD's a no go, it's a coin flip between the two, IMO. Todmans nothing spectacular and I wouldn't expect much out of him even if MJD sits, but there's a decent chance that they run the crap out of him to give them an idea of what they would potentially have if they wanted to stand pat at the position when MJD leaves in FA, which could get you some points solely on volume. I'm honestly not excited about either guy, don't expect a hell of a lot out of either one, and would personally literally flip a coin.

7. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

I started Pitta and Johnson in my fan duel league, NE can't stop the TE and Johnson should get ya some value at PPR. But if MID sits I like Todman just a little more

86WARD likes this.
  8. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I just picked up Pitta in one of my leagues that I have a championship game and I plan on starting him.

9. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Verdict is there was a lot of garbage in this thread...lol. Bennett is the lead horse with 8 points at the moment...lol