Chargers QB Philip Rivers Doesn't Think He Needs To Be "Fixed"

Discussion in 'San Diego Chargers' started by SRW, Aug 28, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Philip Rivers has gone from elite to inconsistent, committing a combined 47 turnovers in the last two seasons. Shoddy pass protection and a dwindling cast of capable receivers are partly to blame, but Rivers has absorbed the bulk of the criticism, and accepts that, Sam Farmer of the Los Angeles Times reports.

As Rivers' statistics have slid since 2010 — a season when he completed 66% of his passes for 4,710 yards with 30 touchdowns and 13 interceptions — questions have percolated about whether he's the right quarterback to guide the franchise.

Rivers hears the doubters and has learned to tune them out. Mostly.

"The thing that's gotten to me this off-season is, 'Who's going to fix Philip?'" Rivers said. "That phrase, I almost laugh it off. That drives me nuts, really.

"There's no question I'm responsible for some of the plays and some of the games we haven't won. I'm not going to shy away from that. But we can go sit in there and watch a lot of tape from last year, and I'll ask you, 'What do you want to fix?' It's just about eliminating some of the bad plays."

Source: The Redzone

2. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Fixed? I don't think neutering will help... :icon_smile:

3. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

Rivers was never elite.

lol

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

rivers has progressively gone downhill 4 seasons in a row and now looks very pedestrian. if he is satisfied with being pedestrian, then he doesn't need to change anything.