Chargers QB Philip Rivers Says Firing Norv Turner Would Be 'Crazy'

Discussion in 'San Diego Chargers' started by SRW, Dec 19, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Just a few weeks ago, the Chargers were "almost certainly" set to fire coach Norv Turner. But after San Diego's third straight win -- a 34-14 beatdown of Baltimore on Sunday night -- the tone in San Diego is starting to change a little bit regarding Turner's tenure. Philip Rivers doesn't need to change his stance, though. He's been on board with Norv since Day 1, and reiterated his feelings Sunday night. "Regardless of what happens the next two weeks," Rivers told Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune. "It would be crazy for Norv to not be here. We’ve won 48 games in five years. Norv can’t make every throw. Norv didn’t fumble. You can’t go, 'Gee, Norv, why did you throw that pass?'" Acee also reports that if the Chargers get to 8-7 and a chance to make the playoffs with a game against Oakland in Week 17 "that will have spoken volumes to team president Dean Spanos."

Source: CBS Sports

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

and on a related note, rivers says finishing 8-8 every year is his lifelong dream

3. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

People thought firing Shottenheimer was crazy too.

4. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Firing Norv Turner would be crazy intelligent. The guy can't cut it as a head coach, and they wasted their peak years trying to make it work.

5. YEAH DUDE!

YEAH DUDE! CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE!

I would love them to keep Norv, because that would mean the Chargers would lose even more games next year. I hate Phillip Rivers, I hope SUH stomps on his face.

6. Lddbck

Lddbck Little League

That was a stupid move. Alex Spanos should kick his self in the butt every day because he didn't fire A.J. Smith instead of Marty.

And why no love for Rivers Dude?

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Chargers will wind up 9-7 and Norv will be back...lol.

8. kenman923

kenman923 Rookie

A.J. Smith is the one who needs to go.

9. why? They have talent. They underachieve because of mediocre coaching every year.

10. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

I'm rooting for that to happen, as well as for your Lions to win! :icon_cheesygrin: