Charles Woodson Can’t Believe The Attacks On Packers QB Aaron Rodgers’ Leadership

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by SRW, Aug 17, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The attacks on Aaron Rodgers' leadership are fairly stupid and Charles Woodson can't believe it either.

Rodgers is the best player in the NFL and has led the Packers in the last three years to a Super Bowl in 2010, a 15-1 record in 2011, and another division title and a playoff win last year.

Greg Jennings has taken odd shots at Rodgers all offseason, and then recently retired Donald Driver chimed in, saying he didn't think Rodgers was doing the right thing in holding his receivers accountable for their mistakes.

Woodson, who was with the Packers for seven seasons before returning to the Oakland Raiders this offseason, told ESPNWisconsin.com the comments about Rodgers were unwarranted and he didn't understand where they were coming from, especially when it was about Rodgers not taking blame when a receiver messed up.

“I didn’t understand that part, either," Woodson told ESPNWisconsin.com. "There’s no question in my mind that A-Rod’s the leader of that team and he does a great job. Maybe he thought he had some friends where he doesn’t have some friends. Now that those guys are gone, they’re voicing this. I don’t know how that’s fair.â€

And here's the real truth of the matter, from Woodson:

“I would say this: There’s been times throughout my career there when defensively we put a piss-poor product on the field, and we’ve been in games and won ballgames solely on the arm of Aaron Rodgers and the legs of Aaron Rodgers and what he’s been able to do throwing a ball to a Greg, a Donald, a Jermichael,†Woodson told ESPNWisconsin.com. “A couple years ago, we were 15-1, and if we have any other quarterback other than Aaron Rodgers, we’re 7-9."

Source: Yahoo! Sports

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Charles Woodson speaks the troof.

3. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

7 and 9 ... damn that's brutal

4. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

Exactly. Screw Jennings, and most recently, driver.

5. Badger

Badger Rookie

It's just sour grapes on Jennings' part. He wanted to stay in Green Bay AND get paid. Now that he is in Minny and with an inferior organization, all he can do is talk trash to the media.
    It's a ploy to get in the Packers' heads but all its going to do is fuel them and make them want to beat up the Vikings even more.
    I can't wait for them to play Minnesota because its going to be even more bitter and uglier than normal. There's no love lost between Wisconsin and Minnesota.