Chiefs’ New Offensive Coordinator Likes What He Sees In QB Matt Cassel

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by SRW, Jun 10, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

When Charlie Weis joined the Chiefs as offensive coordinator two years ago, he famously declared their quarterback, Matt Cassel, needed to be fixed and that he was the man for the job. Their latest offensive coordinator, Brian Daboll, has worked with Cassel on the field for three weeks since the Chiefs started offseason practice. He is taking a decidedly different public path with Cassel. Daboll is grouping Cassel with some of the game’s elite quarterbacks. “I have a lot of confidence in Matt,†Daboll said. “He’s been a winner. He’s had two 10-plus win seasons and I did a study just this offseason about 10-plus-win quarterbacks, which is what you’re defined by. There have been nine of them the last four years that have had two or more 10-plus-win seasons. Matt is one of them, the others being (Tom) Brady, (Drew) Brees, (Aaron) Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, Eli (Manning), (Joe) Flacco, (Matt) Ryan. So he’s been a winner. He works his tail off in the classroom. He’s done a good job in these (offseason practices), and I’m looking forward to working with him. It’s not a rough process working with him. He’s smart. He’s very good with his reads. He understands (pass) protections and he understands coverages, and we work at it every day. There are some things that are obviously new that we’re working together on.â€

Source: Boston Herald

2. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Because Daboll knows talent?