Chiefs Giving Mixed Signals On QB Matt Cassel

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by SRW, Apr 8, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The Chiefs haven’t seemed sold on Matt Cassel during the offseason according to Adam Teicher of the Kansas City Star. At the least, they’re giving off mixed signals. “That consistency … I think that’s the biggest thing with Matt,†Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel said. “I think he’s excited about this year, about having Brian Daboll as our offensive coordinator, because he knows Brian and he knows the system Brian brings, and I’ve talked to Matt several times in the offseason and … he’s ready to go to work. He can’t wait for April 16th (start of the Chiefs’ offseason program) to get here so he can start getting into the playbook. If he can develop that consistency like we had part of the time in 2010, where we weren’t turning the ball over — we were moving the ball offensively and we were scoring some points — if we can get back to that, that’s what I’m looking for from him.†The Chiefs started the offseason by saying they intended to find competition for Cassel, then watched as their best possibility for that, Kyle Orton, left as a free-agent for Dallas, where he will back up Tony Romo. If Ryan Tannehill is sitting there at 11, the Chiefs just might break from tradition and pick a quarterback in the first round. That's something the franchise hasn't done since selecting Todd Blackledge seventh overall in 1983.

Source: The Redzone

2. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

Hopefully, the next signal is the one pointing to the exit sign.

3. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

dude had one decent year in the last 12.

4. Stinger75

Stinger75 It's Showtime, Folks!

Chiefs were broken last year... It's not all Cassell, but he isn't in the top 1/2 of the elite QB in the league, he might even be in the bottom 1/3.

5. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I love being right about this clown.

6. SRW

So say they are dead-set on moving on. Where do they go? Who do they draft? Because Rick Stanzi and Brady Quinn aren't the answer either.

7. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Ricky Stanzi is always the answer, no matter what the question is.

8. SRW

If Rick Stanzi is the answer then this franchise is hecked.

9. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Now there's a surprise....:icon_rolleyes: I wish Pioli would get over his love for Cassel. I really thought we'd keep Orton going into this next season....but no....let's just keep signing butt clowns who make Cassel the best option on the roster...that's the way to do it. [sarcasm intended].

10. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

The Chiefs aren't going anywhere. Good defense, good running game, all wasted by a crappy QB.

11. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

sad but true....