Chiefs OT Branden Albert Says You Have To Be 'Selfish' About Contract

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by SRW, Mar 21, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Branden Albert isn't afraid to speak his mind. The Kansas City Chiefs left tackle told USA Today's Mike Garafolo what players around the NFL are hesitant to express.

"You've got to be somewhat selfish in this situation," Albert said. "My prior years being in Kansas City, I've been through a lot of dark days. Not just me, but Jamaal (Charles), Derrick Johnson, Brandon Flowers, Eric Berry, Dwayne Bowe, all of us. I just want to see lighter days for myself and my teammates.

"I'm not disgruntled at all. I just want a commitment. I want to know where I'm going, when I'm going and I want some security."

Albert accepted the one-year franchise tag ($9.828 million) this week, but the organization is shopping the No. 15 overall pick in the 2008 draft after a long-term contract agreement wasn't reached.

Albert sits without a long-term contract and waits to be informed of his future. A source told Garafolo the Chiefs are actively pursuing trade partners, not just accepting calls.

A little frustration is understandable.

"I have no problem playing in Kansas City," Albert said. "Everybody knows trying to go to another city and another place to play is kind of hard. But at the same time, the answers are not there for me (yet). I've got to do what I've got to do.

"I don't know if I'm being traded, but I understand it's a possibility."

Source: NFL.com

2. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Adios to you.

Probably what he's looking for anyway since being tagged. Amazing how the players (and their agents) feel unloved and unwanted because they couldn't get the mega-deal they want, get tagged instead and now they're pissed.