Chiefs RB Jamaal Charles Says New Offense Could Be 'Best Thing To Happen To Me'

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by SRW, Jun 9, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Jamaal Charles isn't fretting the arrival of rookie Knile Davis to be his backup and perhaps eventual successor.

In fact, quite the opposite. Charles says the Kansas City Chiefs new offense, being installed by new coach Andy Reid, could be the best thing that has ever happened to him.

“This offense might be the best thing that ever happened to me,†Charles told the Kansas City Star. “I think this offense will get me open. They’re going to throw me the ball more. I think I’ll continue to stack Pro Bowls on Pro Bowls if I can stay healthy.

“I definitely know my role. I’ve got a lot of stuff to program in my mind right now. There’s a lot of stuff in the Andy Reid offense, the same stuff he did with Westbrook and McCoy, and I think I fit his scheme as well as they did. Definitely more studying and definitely more knowing the scheme of the defense, especially when I go out there and play another position like wide receiver. I go in there and try to read the defense. I feel like this year it will be more than I catch out of the backfield.â€

As for Davis' arrival as a third-round pick from Arkansas, Charles is supportive.

“There’s a short life for running backs,†Charles said. “I’m not worried about (Davis). He’s my teammate. I love the guy. I want him to come in and do great. I wish that to be known. But at the same time, I’ve got a family to feed. My main job is to stay on top of things as much as possible.â€

Source: National Football Post

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2013
  2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

When I first read the thread title, I was going to laugh him. I thought he meant he would run the ball a lot under Reid. His point makes some sense.

3. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

He better be prepared to run his butt off....just sayin'...:icon_cool: