Chiefs Reportedly Making It Clear They Want To Trade Out Of Top Spot

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by SRW, Apr 15, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Some team personnel men are saying the Kansas City Chiefs are making it clear they are willing to trade out of the top overall spot, Mike Freeman of CBS Sports reports.

"They are basically advertising this, I'm told, in neon lights. Like a special at Macy's. One scout called it "begging." The Chiefs aren't giving the pick away but they are letting many people know the pick can be had."

Picking badly at the top of a draft can can set an organization back for years and also get people fired.

This is the history the Chiefs are facing and why they wouldn't mind dumping that pick for additional picks and less pressure on the organization and the player(s).

Source: The Redzone

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i think we've pretty much known this since they traded for alex smith. they would love to trade down and get their 2nd round pick back.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

It's what Andy Reid does...

4. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Great post, real insightful. Just like the other 2 freaking dozen times you've posted it.

5. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

They must not be as high on the top Tackles in the draft as many thought

6. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Maybe they just think several of them are on the same level and see value in taking one of them lower than their top choice at 1..

7. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

this is a bad draft to have the 1st overall pick. But the rookie salary cap eases the sting somewhat. Personally I hope we trade down with our pick and try and get a second rounder or a high 3rd. Not too fond of your projected picks for us. But I can't do any better.