Chiefs WR Dwayne Bowe Suspended For One Game By NFL

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by 86WARD, Aug 16, 2014.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Kansas City Chiefs star wide receiver Dwayne Bowe has been suspended for the first game of the season without pay for violating the NFL substance abuse policy.

Bowe was arrested last year for possession of marijuana.

"?I am extremely sorry that I can?t be on the field for the first game of the 2014 season because I made an error in judgment," Bowe said in a statement. "I take responsibility for my mistake, and it will not happen again. I hope that my teammates, coaches, and Chiefs fans accept my sincere apology. I will be supporting my teammates in week one, and I cannot wait to get back on the field to help us win in week two and beyond as we work towards our goal of winning the Super Bowl.?"

Bowe has a previous four-game suspension in 2009 for violating the NFL performance-enhancing drug policy.

Bowe is dealing with a serious finger injur that coach Andy Reid has described as "shot."

"Dwayne has been given a one-game suspension by the National Football League," the Chiefs said in a statement. "We are disappointed in the situation and will miss him on the field, but we support the league’s decision. The club will have no further comment on the matter."

Source: http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Chiefs-WR-Dwayne-Bowe-suspended-one-game-by-NFL.html