Childhood Herores?

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by AtlantaBlazer, Nov 18, 2008.

1. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Wanted to know who you all used to watch growing up, who were your heroes?

Those players that you use to pretend you were when playing with your friends?

For me, it was Steve McNair and Jerome Bettis, though at a young age, I was a defensive lineman and used to be a huge fan of Reggie White.

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I was this guy:

[​IMG]

3. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Ronnie Lott.

[​IMG]

4. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

:shock:
    No wonder we get along so well!!!!!!

I was 13 when he got to the NFL so I was a little old for heroes by then, but he was as close as I ever came or will come to "looking up" to an athlete.:beerchug:

5. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

6. hermhater

hermhater Guest

:cheersbeer:

7. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

I only had one sports hero as a kid, The Great One:

[​IMG]

8. ketbuckfan

ketbuckfan Tressel owns Michigan

My favorite Bengals growing up were

Boomer Esiason
    [​IMG]

James Brooks

[​IMG]

9. Darius Ali

Darius Ali 1st Stringer

Lawrence Taylor and Bo Jackson

10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Emmitt Smith.

11. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

Being I wasn't born until the year Walter Payton won his superbowl, My Hero was none other then Emmitt Smith. He's the first player I ever seen, my dad and uncle was watching Skins vs Cowboys, I believe I was 7-8ish, And Emmitt dove over a Pile of Redskins, I felt it was the greatest thing i'd ever seen at that point of my life, and my uncle told me that he played for my home state team, the dallas cowboys [i live in WV, moved from tx when I was 4]. and My dad, being from NY and a Giants fan.. told me not to listen to him.. but I did. I was there almost from the beginning of his career... all the way up till

[​IMG]

that moment, and I can honestly say, even though he had spent the last few seasons as a Arizona Cardinal [which I have his cards jersey as well] Once he got to that moment.. I was right there with him, crying like a baby... as if he had passed away.

12. hermhater

hermhater Guest

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTPFdn9uzj8]YouTube - Dan Marino Highlights[/ame]

13. ronbart

ronbart Pro Bowler

when i wasnt being gi joe or an astronaut i was ..... this is so embarasing.... this guy :icon_redface:

[​IMG]

in fact i still got a fred-ex jersey in my closet. i pull it out every once in a while. when my other eagles clothes are in the wash

14. linz_renee

linz_renee Well-Known

I always wanted to be John Elway, but was never allowed to be the qb... or anything "cool" for that matter when playing with the neighborhood kids.

My grandpa always let me be Jerry Rice though. That's where the love stems from.

15. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

my herore:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Wow RF52 you just enjoy being a rod to people don't you?