Coach Stotts drops the mic

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by SportsChump, May 15, 2019.

1. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Portland Trailblazers head coach Terry Stotts had just lost to the Golden State Warriors. His Trailblazers have reached the Western Conference Finals, far exceeding anyone’s expectations but in today’s NBA, if you want to make your mark, you better be better than the best-ever backcourt or you can pack your bags. To quote Ricky Bobby, if you ain’t first, you’re last.

Carry on at: http://sportschump.net/2019/05/15/terry-stotts-drops-mic/20956/

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Seriously. It's so boring that nobody has a chance against the Warriors. I mean, very cool for them and their fans, I guess, but...it's just not fun. Like I said before, other dinasties or super teams from other eras and other sports were fun. They had to earn their wins, and their championships. The Warriors seem like they're in cruise control all the time. Not even injuries can slow them down, let alone stop them...

3. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

I like to flip the script on it, Teej. I mean, what Curry and Thompson are doing is insane. These two are deadly from the perimeter. I don't think people give them enough credit for the work they put in. They're assassins. For that reason, I love to watch them. The f**k**ers are unguardable.

Keep in mind, those guys plus Green have earned it. They were all drafted by the organization and were the core that led that team to multiple championships. Others were just tag-alongs.

4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Funny thing is...the finals in which LeBron's Cavs beat them (I think it was 2016) was the most fun I've had watching the NBA since Jordan retired. But other than that, it's been the Warriors cruising to easy wins and easy championships.

5. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

I'd say so far it's been a pretty entertaining Finals.

6. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I don't think I had been this wrong in a very, very long time. The Warriors injuries were just to much in the end.

Now the offseason starts and I can't wait to see how the Knicks will screw it up. We have cap room for the first time ever and a top-3 pick. Do your worst, James!!

7. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Despite the Warriors injuries, the Raptors playoff run was incredible. I'll have that Kawhi Leonard game 7 winner against the Sixers haunting my dreams for a long time thinking about what could have been.

Really horrible to hear that Klay will be out perhaps up to 10 months.

8. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

You know you can always count on him to do that, Teej, quite often without even trying.

Dawk, I drove to Orlando to see the Raptors in Round One. An assuming team that was just solid all around.

TJ and DawkinsINT like this.