Coaching Changes Don't Bode Well For Bears LB Brian Urlacher Returning

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by SRW, Jan 20, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

However, Pro Football Weekly hears the departure of several of former head coach Lovie Smith’s defensive assistants increases the probability that longtime MLB Brian Urlacher won’t return in 2013.

Because Marc Trestman’s new defensive staff will have so few holdovers, the number of coaches willing to go to bat for Urlacher could be fewer and it could take a hometown discount for Urlacher to be back in 2013, Pro Football Weekly hears.

New defensive coordinator Mel Tucker is expected to install a base 4-3 defensive scheme, and it remains to be seen if the aging Urlacher will be deemed a good fit — let alone if he’ll be healthy enough to re-sign. The eight-time Pro Bowler, who will turn 35 before next season begins, missed the final four games in 2012 with a hamstring injury — and his play had declined sharply prior to the injury.

Source: Pro Football Weekly

2. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

If he leaves then thanks Urlacher for all the years on the Bears and good luck on another team or in retirement. Maybe one day he'll be in the HOF. Not sure but I hope so.

3. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

He's a sure thing hall of famer. Second best linebacker of this era.

4. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

He should be a first ballot HOF in my book. It's just time though. Thanks for the memories Brian, time to enjoy your retirement.

5. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I'm pretty sure he is a first ballot hall of famer. I hope he doesn't decide to hang them up if released. I'd love to see him end up with a contender.

6. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

It's time for the Bears to move on without Brian Urlacher. I've been saying for the last few years that life without Urlacher is fast approaching and it's snuck up on the Bears now. His presence on the field has made the difference for the Bears since the 2000 season. If the Bears are able to resign him, great. If they aren't able to resign him, life goes on. If this is the end for Urlacher as a Chicago Bear, he's had a hell of a run here.