Colin Kaepernick Wearing A Dolphins Hat Was A 'Huge Mistake' Says LB NaVarro Bowman

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by DaBears22, Jul 16, 2013.

1. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Colin Kaepernick raised eyebrows -- and the ire of more than a few San Francisco 49ers fans -- when a photo surfaced of the quarterback wearing a Miami Dolphins cap at a Fourth of July party.

Kaepernick doubled down in the face of criticism, saying he'll wear what he wants, while giving unlikely life to the #y'allmustbebored hashtag.

Kaepernick might learn the criticism of his fashion choices extends beyond social media circles when he arrives at Niners training camp this month. Teammate NaVorro Bowman didn't sugarcoat it when asked about hatgate during a Tuesday appearance on NFL Network's "NFL Total Access."

"This is a huge mistake by Kaep," Bowman said. "I'm sure he understands that now. In his defense, we're young, in our era these days we like to match our snapbacks with our outfits."

"The hats now these days are very important to the outfit, so Kaep I understand what you did, but let's stay away from the NFL teams," he added. "Stick to NBA, go to college or the baseball hats."

Source: NFL

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2013
  2. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Re: Colin Kaepernick Wearing A Dolphins Hat Was A 'Huge Mistake' Says LB NaVarro Bowm

C;mon man.. "huge" mistake? Really? Really Bow really?

3. JEMicklos

JEMicklos Captain

Re: Colin Kaepernick Wearing A Dolphins Hat Was A 'Huge Mistake' Says LB NaVarro Bowm

When your own teammate says something, you know its a problem

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

Surprised bowman would say this. I would say it was a bump inthe road anda possible learning experience but not a Huge mistake.

5. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

The huge mistake was posing nude...