Colts DE Bjoern Werner Credits "Madden" With His Football Success

Discussion in 'Indianapolis Colts' started by Sweets, May 1, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

New Indianapolis Colt Bjoern Werner carved an unusual path to the NFL. The German-born pass rusher spent his youth in Berlin before voyaging to America, where Werner eventually picked up high school football. From there he starred at Florida State and became the 24th overall selection in last week's NFL Draft. And what coach or mentor does Werner credit with his meteoric rise? Countless hours sitting in front of the TV playing "Madden" video games.

"That is so correct" Werner told WFNI-AM in Indianapolis, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. "I knew every NFL star probably when I was 12, 13 or 14. I learned every team, every player in the game and I always created my little All-Star games, All-Star teams. I was just telling a few people when I was 12, 13, 14, I played with Robert Mathis and Dwight Freeney. They were like the dynamic duo for years. Now I'm going to play with Robert Mathis. He's going to be my veteran. I can ask questions, I can look up to him. This is just so amazing and so unbelievable."

Source: The Redzone

2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

Thats not werner in the picture, werner is a white german man lol

3. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

4. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

You said it friend.

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i think you guys are racist. there are probably a lot of black people with the name Bjoern.

surprisingly, i just went and looked up the afro-german population and it is almost 1% of the population in germany .......... one of them is bound to be named Bjoern, right?

6. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

:icon_eek: YOU RACIST!!!!

:icon_cheesygrin:

7. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

My problem is that not only is it not werner, its not carradine or jenkins either.

In fact, being its an olineman...its not even Menelik Watson, its Zebrie Sanders who was a 5th round pick LAST year.

Im the picture police, and theyve been busted....just throwin any FSU player in there and calling him bjoern, what is this world coming to?

8. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

Eh, close enough

9. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Bjorn, Zebrie, whotheheckever. Nobody will remember either in 15 years...except us freaking weirdos.