Colts QB Andrew Luck Says He's Not Trying To Fill Peyton Manning's Shoes

Discussion in 'Indianapolis Colts' started by SRW, Nov 14, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Andrew Luck is not trying to be the second coming of Peyton Manning with the Indianapolis Colts.

"I realize If I got caught up in trying to fill Peyton's shoes, comparing myself to him every day, I'd probably go crazy because it's unattainable,'' he said. ``So I try not to do it like that.''

Luck, the number one pick in this year's draft, has led the Colts to a surprising 6-3 record entering Sunday's game against the Patriots. He spoke by conference call with New England reporters Wednesday and did all he could to distance himself from talk about how the quarterbacks, Manning and Tom Brady, have made the Pats-Colts rivalry one of the best in the league.

"I definitely don't deserve to be in that sentence or that breath,'' the Stanford grad said. "Some day if I could play at a level that Peyton and Tom play at, that would be a quarterback's dream come true.''

Source: Providence Journal

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, he's actually started out better than peyton did in his rookie season so maybe he's not looking to fill his shoes.......... maybe he's looking to completely replace them.

3. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

his feet are too big

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

There's a Rex Ryan joke somewhere in here...