Cortland Finnegan Says Titans Decided To Move On, Not Offer A Deal

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans' started by SRW, Mar 5, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Cornerback Cortland Finnegan said the Titans have already told him it won’t offer a contract before the market opens on March 13 according to Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean. “It is bittersweet,â€￾ Finnegan said. “For six years I played in the Titans organization. I am grateful and humbled that the Titans took a chance on me and the way they matured me over the years. But I understand it is a business. My ultimate goal was to retire (in Tennessee), but I can’t control that. They wanted to move on, honestly. I don’t know why, and I don’t know what else a guy could do career-wise and in the community.â€￾

Source: The Redzone

2. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Welcome to Dallas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

You sure you want to welcome him?

4. Omen

Ummm yeah I'm. Sure.

5. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Finnegan's a helluva CB. Titans always seem to let players walk, he's just the next in a long line that have hoped for an extension and signed elsewhere. The team feels they are set with McCourtey and Verner I guess. Was he a hothead? Yeah, but that also was part of his game and I've seen many a WR totally lose his head in the game and become a non-factor because Finnegan got into his head. He'd be perfect for the Lions IMO.

6. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Finnegan is a very good db, and I love the fact that he's willing to go to bat for his team. I'd love to have a teammate like Finnegan.

7. soopacee

soopacee Rookie

im gonna miss him

:sadface:

8. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

eh, none of us know for sure, but i would think this has more to do with money. this WILL be Finnegan's big contract in his career and the titans probably just don't feel a CB is worth $50 mill ......... and I agree with the Titans.

9. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I hope the patriots stay far away from him. He is my least favorite player in the entire league. He's a good cb but I think he's as douchebag.

10. Omen

On the field maybe but it's football

Off the field dude is big on community from what I've read

11. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

the lions need a CB and he fits their personality.