Cowboys FB Lawrence Vickers Says Only Way He's Out Vs Browns Is If He's Dead

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by SRW, Nov 15, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Sunday’s game against the Browns is personal for Cowboys fullback Lawrence Vickers after spending his first five years with Clevland.

“It’s personal for me because I was there, I know these guys, I know this organization,†Vickers said Thursday. “I was there and when you’ve put in five years of your life and you put all you put into it, it’s going to be personal to you.

“It’s not that I’m mad. I’m not mad or upset at all. Cleveland gave me a chance. They were the team that picked me in the draft so I’m forever indebted to them. They gave me a chance to do what I always wanted to do and that was play football, so it’s no hate. It’s more of celebrating.â€

Vickers suffered a left knee injury Sunday in Philadelphia. He did not practice Wednesday and was limited on Thursday. But it will take more than a sore knee to keep him from playing against the team that drafted him in the sixth round in 2006.

Asked if he would play Sunday, Vickers, who had two rushes for 11 yards and two receptions for 18 yards against the Eagles, responded: “Oh, come on now.â€

What would it take for him to miss the game?

“For me to die,†Vickers said. “I ain’t missing this for nothing in the world. It’s personal, believe that one.

Source: Dallas Morning News

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012