Cowboys OT Tyron Smith Believes Family Stole $1M Via Financial Manager

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by SRW, May 17, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

You may remember last year when Cowboys OT Tyron Smith called 911 after his siblings showed up at his Dallas home to "harass and torment" him "in the pursuit of collecting financial gain," in the words of the police report. He also was forced to file a restraining order against his mother and step-father.

He agreed to pay his parents in four installments after getting drafted, but they kept coming back for more.

"There was a certain amount I agreed to give them, but it went way beyond that and I was just like, 'I'm done,'" Smith said. "I feel like I shouldn't have given them so much. There was nothing wrong with helping them out and making sure they were taken care of, but not something to where they live the same lifestyle as you."

Smith's lawyer alleged that his mom and/or step-dad threatened Smith's well-being and the life of his girlfriend. The lawyer also alleged that Smith's family took more than $1 million from him after the money went missing a financial advisor his parents recommended was used.

"There was money missing, but I just don't know where it went," Smith said. "There were times I would check my statements and it wouldn't make sense and I hadn't authorized it at all. I just felt betrayed and I was like, 'Who can I trust?'"

"The takeaway from this is don't let people take advantage of you. And it's all right to say no to certain people," Smith said.

Source: NFL.com

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2013
  2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I don't understand how someone can steal from their own family.

3. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

I don't understand why people think someone in their family being successful and wealthy means they're successful and wealthy.

4. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Crapty people are selfish and value money over other people. Not much more to it in my book.

5. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

There is not much lower that someone can go than stealing from a family member imo. I'm sure Smith was generous to begin with but to threaten his well being and that of his girlfriend? That's messed up.