Cowboys Owner Believes League Will Look At Golden Tate’s Hit On Sean Lee

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by SRW, Sep 16, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said he believes the NFL will take a look
    at a hit on Cowboys linebacker Sean Lee from Seattle receiver Golden Tate for
    possible supplementary discipline.

Lee was chasing Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson on a scramble, when Tate was able to get a blindside angle on him and crush him. The play was not penalized, but the league has been tough on unnecessary violence, and Jones said he believes Tate led with his helmet in hitting Lee in the chest.

“We saw the same thing you saw, the head hit,’’ Jones said. “That’s certainly
    something that we expect penalties and fines about, but they didn’t see the
    helmet hit or they would have called it.’’

Tate said he didn’t think that the play was a penalty.

“I knew that I didn’t hit him in his helmet,’’ Tate said. “I knew that I hit him
    somewhere in his mid-section, but the rules change so much that you don’t really
    know if it’s a rule this year or not. I’m happy that it wasn’t (a penalty).’’

Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said he asked officials about the play.

“I thought he was a defenseless player who was hit,’’ Garrett said. “That is
    something the league is trying to guard against, and is a pretty good example of
    what that was.’’

Source: Dallas Morning News

2. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

[​IMG]

dirty dirty dirty

3. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

Dirty my butt. This aint a league for pussies, and he's just pissed his best LB got rocked by a damn WR. That isn't dirty, that is football!

4. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

This uses to be legal and it's not anymore and he will be fined

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

eh, he actually stayed in front of him instead of blind-siding him. Lee should have kept his eyes open for a front block. i don't have a problem with how tate approached him.

now, having said that, i don't like the fact that tate launched his helmet up into the chin of lee and it was violent enough that the league will take a look at it.

6. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

It's such bullcrap that this illegal now.

7. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

And the Cowboys got flagged for tapping Wilson on the shoulder when he went out bounds.

8. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

15K at least.

If he's got James Harrison as a Facebook friend>>>200K

9. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

it was a blind side hit. Funny he drew comparisons to hines ward coming out of ND because that was a ward hit all the way.

It was cheap, and you really cant lead with the crown of your helmet like that

10. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

You're a Niners fan. Of course you don't think it was dirty.

Tate did three things that are supposed to be illegal in today's NFL.

1. He hit him with the top of the helmet.

2. He left his feet.

3. He peeled back to hit him.

But, what do you expect when you have Stevie Wonder as a ref?:icon_frown:

11. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

It would have been an AMAZING hit had he not led with his helmet. That being said I always think it's funny when an owner cries about a guy who's job it is to HIT people like that get's hit. Either way he should get a fine but good hit.

12. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

eh, i disagree. that's not a blindside hit. tate very intentionally positions himself around and in front of lee. it is not tate's fault the lee had his head turned and had tunnel vision blinders on. Tate's facemask lands squarely between the 5 and the 0. if it were a blindside hit, his facemask would have been in his armpit or shoulder.

as far as the way he led with his crown up into his chin, absolutely that is illegal and should be flagged and fined.

13. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

That's one of the most amazing hits I have ever seen. Tiny little Golden Tate, without much running room, just decimating an oblivious linebacker.

I'm not trying to be a rod or anything, the hit just really is fascinating. I can't believe he laid him out like that.

And yes, clearly illegal.

14. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

the players should have airhorns to alert opposing players when they are about to throw a block. The only thing wrong was he led with his head and that is just purely an injury to Tate's part. Otherwise that should be a good hit. He was in front of the linebacker. All a person has to do is see the blocker out of the corner of his eye and refuse to look directly at him and bam, penalty or fine. Put flags on all of the players or let them play lazer tag. I am about safety but crap you have to block them somehow. And if they are not looking then tough crap. All I heard from my coaches is keep your head on a swivel.

15. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

jesus christ no one is saying they need to announce themselves, its just he led with the crown of his helmet and LAUNCHED himself into lee. He could have really hecked his day up even more than it looks, lee could have had a busted jaw and orbital bones from that hit

16. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Or Tate could have hecked up his neck/spinal cord.

It doesn't seem like calling this hit 'illegal' per the rules should require a degree in rocket science.

17. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

I didn't get a chance to see the video. it was lagging real bad. Besides I was just joking. Maybe some randomly placed landmines would help.

18. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Golden Tate is a bad man.

19. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Seriously. For a wide receiver to lay what will likely be one of the top 3 hits of the year... skills.

20. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I heard earlier today that Lee stayed behind in Seattle. He didn't come home with the team. I guess doctors were still cfreaking him out up there.