Cowboys WR Dez Bryant Feels He Doesn't Need To Change

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by BigBlueBruiser, Nov 6, 2011.

1. In his sophomore campaign in the NFL , Dez Bryant has experienced his share of setbacks and struggles. Not surprisingly, the Cowboys wide receiver has been reluctant to talk about them. But on Friday, Bryant dished about his performance, his sideline antics, and how he is perceived. By the end of the conversation, one thing was clear: Bryant isn't about to change. "I said if I go out and change myself, I wouldn't be me," Bryant said. "I feel like I'm just going to go out with the same mindset each and every day in practice and the game and go from there." Bryant has been roundly criticized for his emotional outburst near the Cowboys' bench, when the receiver was spotted yelling and throwing his helmet during Dallas' 34-7 loss at Philadelphia on Sunday. "The picture doesn't show anything different," Bryant said. "It's just the way others look at it. They don't know what I'm saying. You can ask Tony [Romo] and ask Miles [Austin] and ask anybody else on the team. It's always positive. "I just think it's crazy. If I just go off on the sideline and just go yell at one of my teammate's face and just act all crazy and berserk that's out of line. What I do I feel like I try to do is motivate my teammates and I expect them to do me the same way and do the same thing. "That's all I'm doing. It won't change. That's how I play the game. I'm just very passionate and emotional about the game. Nothing negative about it."

Source: Dallas Morning News