Cutting QB Donovan McNabb Can Create $8 Million In Cap Space

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by CP26, Nov 17, 2008.

1. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

As the City of Philadelphia buzzes with Eagles fans who hope that quarterback Donovan McNabb has only six games remaining in his career with the team, we’re told that the Eagles would save a nice chunk of change and cap space if they pull the plug on McNabb after the season. With a 2009 base salary of $9.2 million and a remaining bonus proration of $1.16 million, dumping McNabb would create more than $8 million in 2009 cap space. Carrying the $1.16 million in dead money would be no big deal for the Eagles, especially since they pushed more than $10 million of 2008 cap surplus into 2009 via a phony eight-figure LTBE incentive given to fullback/defensive tackle/fullback/defensive tackle/fullback Dan Klecko.

Source: ProFootballTalk

2. packerboy

packerboy Bugger off

Is Kevin Kolb the answer?

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Who knows he could be.

4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

He's been the back-up for 1 and a half seasons now. Notice how QBs who carry the clipboard for their first few years end up being pretty good: Philip Rivers, Tony Romo, Brady Quinn (probably), to name a few...

5. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

there was a guy up in cincinatti who wasn't so bad a few years back..

6. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

I hope he goes somewhere like Minny and wins a superbowl.

7. hermhater

hermhater Guest

You can't have Thigpen.

8. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

This.

The main person who led Philly to those 4 NFC Championship appearances was McNabb. I hope he goes somewhere that appreciates/respects what they've got, and where he has the adequate tools to win.

9. ronbart

ronbart Pro Bowler

see, he dont have that in philly. if he sticks aroundl long enough for the team to be good enough, he'll be too old. i say let him somewhere, if he wins great. but he aint gonna win with the team here, and kolb can get some on the job learning before the team is good, so when they ate ready, he will be too

10. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

Save $8million dont see the playoffs for 8 years

worth it? you decide!

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

Get rid of Reid before McNabb...

12. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

McNabb better have a hell of a good last 6 games.

13. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

The Eagles have a ton of money under the cap already, what's the point of saving 8 million if you aren't going to do anything with it?

14. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Not enough weapons...

'I'd love to see him go to another team and win a Super Bowl'...

Sigh.......

15. hermhater

hermhater Guest

It won't happen.

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

i laugh at ignorant comments like this. "somewhere that appreciates/respects what they've got" - he was, for what he did right. he was also held accountable for what he did wrong. something that should be the norm in life but most just sit on their hands.

yeah he was the main person who lgot us to four nfcc games and a super bowl, he's also one of the main reasons we lost 3 of those nfcc games and the super bowl.

i'd do a lifetime sig bet that that wouldn't happen if mcnabb left the team.

btw - mcnabb is not going to be cut. that's about as stupid as it gets. wait, this article came from PFT right ?