Darren McFadden Or Adrian Peterson?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Jammin Jaguar, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

Source: Honalulu Advertiser

I've just read here that this guy thinks Darren McFadden is a better RB than Adrian Peterson... I personally disagree a hell of a lot.

I just wanted to know everyone elses' opinions?

2. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

you can't compare them. One was hurt half of his senior year, came back for a bowl game, and is now Dominating NFL Defenses, While the other had a stellar College Career, and has never stepped a foot on a football field with a NFL Defense, Until the end of next season, this question is unanswerable. People can assume things, but they're not comparable until McFadden has his 1st full season, and I personally, don't think any rookie will ever have as good of a 1st season, then what Adrian Peterson did.

3. Jammin Jaguar

Hear hear. :clap06:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Inclulbus again.

4. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

What are we comparing? College careers or NFL careers? Without looking at stats I'd guess that McFadden had a better stat career than AP did in College.
    McFadden hasn't even been drafted so...how do you compare him to AP in NFL?
    Silly comparison if you ask me.

Asking who will be better? I'm saying AP will.

5. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Adrian Peterson > Darren McFadden > Reggie Bush

6. Jammin Jaguar

Look at this bit of the article, this is what makes me laugh the most:

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

This isn't a debate. Peterson on many levels. From what I've been reading on McFadden, he's fast, but he doesn't have the lower body strength yet to be an NFL Star. Because fo the "weakness" in his legs, he;ll go down with a simple arm tackle.

Peterson...well as we all know, he just doesn't go down. I find it very hard to believe that McFadden will even come close to what AD (All Day) AP accomplished as a rookie...and if McFadden gets drafted by the Raiders...forget about it.

I think a better debate would be Reggie Bush versus Darren McFadden and even that is a stretch in my opinion...

[​IMG]

:rolleyes:

That kind of crap make me so mad...because they are just flat out wrong...

They are both almost identical on paper in size. Peterson is 6-1, 217. McFadden is 6-2, 215. The difference is where that muscle and weight is distributed...

I haven't seen Mike Mayock's latest draft rankings but a couple weeks ago, there was a reason McFadden wasn't in his Top 20, eventually making it to 16th after the combine.

8. Weezy

Weezy Ice Cold

D Fab has nevr played a game yet AD has and was the best back in the league D Fad is no where close the AD

9. Great topic JJ...I'd go with AP...

It will be interesting to see what DM does when he gets to the NFL...although I'm not sure he will have the same type of o-line that AP has...or play indoors for 1/2 of his games....weather does make a difference IMO.

10. Jammin Jaguar

Off-topic here, but the two posters above me... Look at their Favourite Teams... :moe:

:icon_lol:

11. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Don't tell Walter Payton or Jim Brown that.....Emmit even played sort of outdoors. Sanders is the rb who benefited from a dome more.

12. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

As far as a career goes playing indoors does a lot more damage than weather ever will. More likely to miss games and probably going to have less games played as a whole because of it.

Peterson right now is far far ahead of McFadden.........but that's because DM hasn't played a down of NFL football.....I'm not gonna compare college stats because that doesn't translate to NFL success imo. Mcfadden could very well get on a strengthening program and build his lower body before the season starts and have a bigger impact than AP did, we'll just have to wait and see. Comparing apples to oranges at this point.

13. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

Peterson by a long way just on pure ability. This question would be better asked a year or 2 down the line when they have both had considerable playing time in the NFL but i'm fairly confident it will still be Peterson by some distance.

14. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

I hope for great things out of McFadden because I believe the Raiders will draft him. However I don't think he will be near as dominate his rookie season as Peterson was, I really don't think he will be dominate at all but hopefully very effective

15. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

Great point, AP walked into a team with a very good line and arguably the best left side in football, the only way id expect McFadden to have a decent chance of doing as well as AP as a rookie is if hegoes to NYJ or the Pats

16. epinesett

epinesett Special Teamer

I agree, until McFadden step on an NFL field there are know comparison.

17. Stillelman

Stillelman Mommy told me I'm special

They both had a little problem fumbling the ball in college, but by far McFadden has a bigger question at securing the ball (15 fumbles in 2007). I think Peterson will be the best back out of the two, but will be interesting and like most have said it is hard to compare at this point.

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

No comparison...Peterson by far...

McFadden vs. Reggie Bush is a better debate.

19. Pound th' Rock

Pound th' Rock Starter

McFadden vs. Reggie Bush? I think McFadden gets the slight edge.

Peterson is already a proven every down back. I think you've got to wonder who will be the better Pro, Jonathan Stewart or Rashard Mendenhall...

20. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

The Jets? The heckin Jets? Are you kidding me? OMG the Jets?:icon_eek: