David Carr Should Use Seasons In Houston To His Advantage

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by indysteve1563, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Entire story here

I wouldn't be surprised to see Carr go to the Vikings. Tarvaris Jackson and Brooks Bollinger is NOT the answer in Minnesota.

2. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Seeing the Vikings are in desprite need of a QB with starting experience, I wouldn't be suprised either if David Carr landed with the Vikings. The Vikings had a shot at Jeff Garcia and passed.

3. Garcia woulda been good, but the Vikings need a long-term solution, not a 1 yr fix.

4. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston ¡Vamos Houston!

5. DaBearsrule4ever

Garcia could have been the answer until one of the other QBs is ready to start. After all, Garcia did sign a two year contract with Tampa Bay.

6. Se he problem is...is that Tampa has enough QB's to where they don't have to really draft one. The Vikings, on the other hand, need a QB who can help them in the long run. Garcia's good for a year, but the '08 draft is uncertain as far as QB's are concerned. And Tarvaris Jackson and Brooks Bollinger are not the answer for the Vikings. That's why I say that Carr may be he answer at QB. He is still relatively youngand healthy and the Vikings' O-line is leaps and bounds better than Houston's.

7. DaBearsrule4ever

Thats what i'm trying to say about Garcia. One year solution? Most likely maybe a two year solution, depending on what direction a team goes with the QB position.