DE Calais Campbell Says The Cardinals Have A 'Real Quarterback' In Carson Palmer

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by DaBears22, Jul 13, 2013.

1. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Calais Campbell wasn't a fan of the hideous merry-go-round at quarterback that sunk last year's Arizona Cardinals.

In a riff unlikely to please Kevin Kolb, among others, the defensive lineman talked up the difference Carson Palmer will make in 2013.

"I think it's very likely we can win the division, yes," Campbell told CBSSports.com's Mike Freeman. "I respect every opponent in our division. Every one. But I think of it this way. We were able to hang in a bunch of our division games without a real quarterback.

"I don't want to disrespect anyone but now we have a real quarterback to go with a good defense. When we play with a lead, we're hard to beat. This is the first time in years that we have an offense that matches our defense."

That depends on if you see Palmer, at age 33, as a guy who can topple the nasty NFC West. He was sneaky productive on a horrid Oakland Raiders team last season, throwing for 4,018 yards, but Palmer will be tested against the stingy Seattle Seahawks, San Francisco 49ers and St. Louis Rams.

Source: NFL.com