DEA stages surprise drug probe on at least two NFL teams

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by DontKnowMe, Nov 17, 2014.

1. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Federal drug-enforcement agents conducted surprise inspections of at least two NFL teams on Sunday as part of an investigation into claims of abuse of prescription drugs, according to multiple reports.

At least two teams' medical staffs were questioned Sunday: those of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, who played the Washington Redskins at FedEx Field, and the San Francisco 49ers, who played the New York Giants at MetLife Stadium

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...robe-on-at-least-two-nfl-teams-232455540.html

2. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Such a weird season..

3. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

I think this is jacked. Only reason they were raided is because retired players ratted them out.

TJ likes this.
  4. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

[​IMG]

5. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Absolutely no different than how it works in the real world. Ex-corporate employees are always ratting on their ex-employers for monetary gain or to get even. That this story is about the NFL.....BFD. Screw those retired sticks. It's always somebody else's fault.
    There sure are a lot of pissed off NFL retirees. Didn't get theirs like current players so now is time to cash in. Look at all the sticks jumping on the concussion bandwagon when those in real need can't spell their own name. They may all bark "UNION", but in the end it's all about "ME" and the dinero.

Omen likes this.
  6. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

The Seahawks were also inspected at arrowhead

7. markaz

Speaking of which, sounds like the Lynch/Carroll saga continued at halftime at Arrowhead.

8. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

There are some opportunists, yes, but for the most part we're talking about guys who are broken and broke and are getting little to no help from a multi-billion dollar corporation that they helped build for pennies. I fully understand that they knew what they were getting into and signed on the dotted line so to speak - bought the ticket, took the ride - but it would be a relatively small dent in the NFL'$ bottom line to show some gratitude and provide them with legit care, and it would be a huge PR bump to boot, which they could use badly.

ICECOLD and markaz like this.
  9. markaz

Truer words never spoken. Running to the DEA and reporting that the NFL was force feeding them narcs is cowardly. In the ideal world Goodell & Co would take care of these guys who made the NFL what it is today and it would cost them carseat change. If this is the route the retirees wants to take, I think I would tip my cap to them if they would file suit against the individual teams, ie, the owners of the franchises that they say did them harm. Let the owners be culpable instead the NFL umbrella.