DeAngelo Williams Offended Panthers Considered Redskins' 'Homecoming' Game

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by SRW, Nov 5, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

After the Panthers handled the Redskins at FedEx Field for just their second win of the season, Carolina running back DeAngelo Williams admitted he was offended by the Skins' game-day program.

“I have to say this, because it's been bothering me all day, and it's probably going to bother me for some time,†Williams said via 's Dan Steinberg. “I got up this morning, I was feeling pretty good. Got my breakfast, got something to drink, got on the bus. Business as usual. “I get over, and I pick over the game-day [program], and I'm looking at the [program]; it's customary,†he continued. “And I look on there, and it says 'homecoming.' And I'm thinking to myself, like, this is the . Are you serious? ? Homecoming.

“And it's not like you tried to hide it. You blatantly put it on the front of the game day [program]. And you're talking about somebody fired up today? I was pissed.â€

Williams rushed six times for just 37 yards, but that included a first-quarter, 30-yard touchdown that gave the Panthers a lead that they didn't relinquish.

The running back said he brought up the slight to his teammates during a pre-game meeting, and quarterback Cam Newton referenced it after the game.

“I think it was their homecoming, which was kind of embarrassing for us to be in,†Newton said. “And that was a challenge. I think some of the guys took that and put it as a chip on their shoulder to play harder.â€

Source: CBS Sports

2. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

like the redskins media guys where saying. the schedule was figured out long before carolina was a 1-5 team at the time.

3. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

He was so pissed he rushed for 37 yards.

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

a professional team picks a game to be their 'homecoming' ...... ?

huh? i'm not aware of any other team that does that.

5. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

I thought the bye week team was everyone's homecoming.