Did Michael Vick Violate His Terms Of Reinstatement?

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by SRW, Aug 23, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Michael Vick may have already violated the terms of his reinstatement into the NFL by drinking alcohol. The New York Post reported last week that after his return to the practice field Vick "sat in a corner booth ... in the Riverbend Bar & Grill, sipping on a Grey Goose and pineapple juice and talking with two friends." Vick's conditional reinstatement contains a prohibition against the use of drugs and alcohol.

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

2. theeraser21

theeraser21 u r a slapdick

3. packerboy

packerboy Bugger off

I know he did something wrong, but he served his time. Why is Goodell trying to control what he does in his personal time? If he wants to drink, let him freaking drink. It's legal, isn't it? His passion for dog fighting didn't come about because of some drunken stupor.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Read the eraser's post...

5. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I would have figured him as a jin and juice guy.

6. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

A drink in a bar with friends, how do we even know if there was any alcohol in it, and why the limitation of alcohol in the first place when alcohol had nothing to do with dog fighting, gambling etc., come on.

7. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

In the article it did say he was prohibited from having drugs and alcohol so he may not be in violation of Goodell but it seems he could be in trouble with a higher source if someone wanted to have a hardon for Vick. But what do I know I'm only a jew(that is for HH).

8. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Vick cant catch a break

9. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

if its a violation of his probation, then he is hecked

10. theeraser21

from what I understand he is not violating his probation, but he MIGHT be violating his terms of reinstatement

11. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

The posting on PFT cited a July 27 letter from Goodell to Vick that stated "you are required to abide by the terms of the supervised release that were imposed on you by the court, which include not committing any further crime, limits on who you may associate with, prohibitions regarding drug and alcohol use, possession of a firearm or other dangerous weapon, and forbidding you to own, possess or be involved with the sale of any dog."

If he had an alcoholic beverage then he may have hecked himself more than just not playing football. No alcohol with probation is like no alcohol with being a transplant candidate, no alcohol and no exceptions.

12. theeraser21

And I quote:The web site later quoted league spokesman Greg Aiello as saying in an e-mail that "our press release referred to conditions imposed by the court. Anything to do with the league's program is confidential. I am not aware of any violations to the terms of his reinstatement."

13. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Good luck trying to prove he had alcohol.

14. theeraser21

15. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Drinking alcohol should cause a death penalty IMO :eek:hboy:

1 person likes this.
  16. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Yeah, I mean...he killed dogs. I don't know why he wasn't executed, the bastard :icon_rolleyes:

As ridiculous as it was, he did his time. Leave him the heck alone.

17. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

wow that would be purely ridiculous if he got in trouble for having a drink and like dawk said good luck proving there was alcohol in that beverage

18. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

lol that goose is long gone from his system now

19. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

Vick AKA Ron Mexico should have never been reinstated to begin with. Goodell has discredited himself to me and is a disgrace to the NFL.
    To put it nicely. :icon_evil:

20. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

who freaking cares? not in the sense that you think I am saying this. if he did, then drop him, he isn't the cornerstone of our team. He is a gadget, a nuance that will not be missed. Yeah, the dude could help and if he does great, but he gets tossed for downing a pineapple screwdriver then I could care less.