Does A Favre Return Make Vikings Playoff Or Superbowl Contender?

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by Arrowhead4Life, May 14, 2009.

1. If Brett Favre was to return to play for the vikings what would that make them? With not horrible weapons in Bobby Wade, Bernard Berrian, Shinacoe, and Peterson the offense could strive. They also have a legit o-line with a great running game within Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor. I see the team getting maybe a playoff win but I don't know what else. Or Favre could struggle and cause this team a playoff berth also. Give me your thoughts

2. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

They are a playoff contender without Favre, and possible a SB contender if someone like Sage could step up and just be decent. While Favre certainly isn't the same guy, he would definitely make them a contender. He would be asked not to win games, but just manage them, and that may be a good role for him at this point.

3. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

the jets didnt have anything close to the vikes power running game or the vikes D. favre would just have to manage, keep those wild throws of his to a min and hand the ball off.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

QFT.

5. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

I feel they're already a playoff contender, but just a decent QB, let a lone someone like Favre.. makes them a superbowl contender imo.

6. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

well they made it to the playoffs last year with no quarterback with farve they could have a legit shot at the sb if he did not try to do too much

7. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I say make the playoffs at best with Favre then one and done.

8. SoDev

Maybe, but they wouldn't necessarily need Favre for that.

9. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Favre in his prime would make them not only a Super Bowl contender but possibly a favorite. Favre at this stage makes them a playoff contender and not much more than that. I'm not sure his ego would let him be a manager of the game.

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

what's farve's record playing domes ?

11. hermhater

hermhater Guest

13-21?

:dontknow:

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

and what are his stats in those games ?

what i'm getting at is he has never played well in domes and if he went to the vikes at least 9 of his regular season games would be played in a dome.

could be an issue.

13. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I agree smeagle.

I'm not even sure that stat is 100% accurate, but it's probably close.

14. SoDev

Yea, but if you can make pass the domes and to the playoffs you get all this! (tied for most all time)

[​IMG]

meh, it's all speculation, all I can do is assume he will be better than Tavaris and Gus.

15. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

1-0 for Super Bowls....

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

and that has what to do with the regular season ?

17. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

Very doubtful. He at least would need to be healthy and getting in his work in camps which honestly I think he is dragging the whole process out to avoid the camps.

Favre in his prime? Sure. Not getting anything near that though.

They might actually be better off with Sage....sad but true. Heck even Travaris Jackson had a better QB rating than Favre last year. :icon_cheesygrin:

18. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Then why would the Vikings need Favre at all then?

Under .500, I know that much.

That was how long ago? LOL

Favre dragging thre process along? Nooooooooo!!! Not Brett Favre! LMAO

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

It's worse than that now...

20. SoDev

They don't if they are happy with last year. That is the probable scenario.

Even at his age he still offers more win now potential than Sage and Tarvaris combined.

If I was a Viking fan I wouldn't want him though. ...but I'm not so i hope he comes back for the entertainment value.